Does updated Schwab download overwrite or delete previously manually loaded transactions?

Bill Payne
Bill Payne Member ✭✭
I am considering using the updated Schwab transaction download service. However I am concerned that I've been manually entering transactions for quite a while and do not want those transactions modified or deleted. Can anyone instruct me as to whether previous manually entered transactions are modified or deleted when you set up the new Schwab transaction download service/connection? Thanks.

Answers

• Hi @Bill Payne,

Thank you for contacting the community with this question. 

Using the updated Charles Schwab transaction service should not affect your manual transactions. The only issue I could see arising is duplicate transactions in which case you could reconcile in order to merge them. I suggest saving a backup as well before using the updated transaction service as there are some open alerts regarding Charles Schwab and we would not want you to lose any of your saved data in the event an error were to occur. 

I hope this helps.

Thank you, 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Bill Payne
    Bill Payne Member ✭✭
    Jasmine: thank you for your answer/comment. I will set the download service up and will reach back out to you if I have any issues. Thanks again.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited December 2021
    Hi @Bill Payne,

I hope everything works out and all goes well. Enjoy the rest of your day. 

Thank you, 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• dryfork
    dryfork Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    [Removed - Unhelpful]
  • dryfork
    dryfork Member ✭✭✭
This discussion has been closed.