When I download transactions, and then click to open on desktop, they create new accounts?

Subo
Subo Member
Instead of going into my accounts, the transactions go into a 'new' account instead of into my activated accounts? What am I doing wrong?

Answers

• Hi @Subo

Thank you for contacting the community with this question, I understand that this can be frustrating. 

In order to further assist you, I require some more information. First, how are you going about downloading these transactions? Also, which Financial Institution are these transactions coming from? What connection method do you have with this Financial Institution (Direct, Quicken, Web)?

I look forward to hearing your response.

Thank you,
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Subo
    Subo Member
    Accounts are at Wells Fargo. I have Quicken connect, I think. I go to my bank website, download the transactions to my laptop, and click on the file to open it, which then is supposed to transfer the transactions to the account in my Quicken file. Instead, it creates a 'new' account. I have tried to go to the Update Online Accounts screen to "update" accounts, but when I click "update" it just sends me to wells fargo website.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited December 2021
    Hi @Subo,

Thank you for the thorough response, I understand that this can indeed be frustrating. 

So it sounds like you are using the Web Connect method although you might have the account set up for Quicken Connect. I suggest disconnecting the account then reconnecting the account choosing the Web Connect option and then importing the transactions. You can do this by choosing the options button when adding the account back. You could also try disconnecting the account then going to Plus (+) > Checking > Wells Fargo > Options > Web Connect > drag file, it is a bit of a long way around but there is a path to follow. 

Please let me know how either of these works for you, I look forward to hearing your response. 

Thank you, 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Subo
    Subo Member
    Thanks Jasmine--I wound up re-linking my Wells Fargo accounts in Quicken Connect which worked. I might try to switch to Web Connect if my bank doesn't charge for it. :)
  • Quicken September
    Quicken September Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello, @Subo!

Thank you for reaching back out to the Community with your update! I apologize that you were experiencing these issues, however, I am very happy to hear that you were able to reconnect your accounts and that you are no longer experiencing this problem. If you have any further questions or need additional support, please reach back out - you know where to find us! Thank you and have a wonderful rest of your day!

-Quicken September
  • Dawn322
    Dawn322 Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problem except with Chase Bank. When I download the account activity using Quicken Web Connect, the Quicken program (Version 6.5.1 (Build 605.42638.100) opens anew account. Very frustrating.
  • Dawn322
    Dawn322 Member ✭✭
    Also having problems with Chase Bank's two step authentication. I enter the code, but then Quicken says "download errors."
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Dawn322 said:
    I am having the same problem except with Chase Bank. When I download the account activity using Quicken Web Connect, the Quicken program (Version 6.5.1 (Build 605.42638.100) opens anew account. Very frustrating.
    Hello @Dawn322,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing these issues with bank downloads. Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community about this, in any case. Are you able to drag and drop the transactions from the new accounts into the originals?

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Quicken Jared said:

Are you able to drag and drop the transactions from the new accounts into the originals?
    I would think it should be the opposite: select and drag all the transactions in the original account into the new one. (Then you can delete the empty old one and rename the new one.)

If you drag transactions form the new account to the old one, I'd assume you'd have to do this every time. If you drag transactions from the old account into the new one, I'd hope your next import would flow into the same account. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Subo
    Subo Member
    Thanks Jared, I have been able to resolve my issue.
This discussion has been closed.