Why are Schwab Downloads still a problem?

Options
I've worked through re-authorizing all my Schwab accounts, updating all releases and patches, still, Schwab downloads are mis-catagorizing Capital Gain transactions as Return of Capital.

Brokerage Accounts will no longer automatically reconcile with the online balance!!

When will these problems be fixed?!?

Answers

• steve lease
    steve lease Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have the same problem. The workaround is to reclassify the downloaded transactions from RetCap to CGLong or whatever is correct. Then click on the amount to change it from negative to posistive. Then accept the transaction. Finally, you must delete the downloaded transaction as Quicken will still show it as unaccepted. I just did this with three Schwab accounts. When I look at my Schwab accounts at Schwab, they show the transactions correctly, so this is an error in the Quicken downloader.......
  • Robhermann
    Robhermann Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yes, that is correct. But I am tired of having to double-check and manually correct every transaction. I have been a Quicken user for over 25 years and have come to rely on it. This transition with Schwab has been a fiasco! Wasn't the new system beta tested? When will this be fixed?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wasn't the new system beta tested? 
    Beta testers sign a non-disclosure agreement and can't answer, and it seems that Quicken Inc has a policy not to have their moderators answer such questions.

When will this be fixed?
    No one on Earth can answer that question.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.