Give us a way to break our of the 'One Step Process' when there are server side errors

Options
richsbca
richsbca Member ✭✭
edited January 2022 in Using the Mobile App
DoorDash recently mandated that all employees work in the field to see how the products they create work as well as see all the frustrating issues with their software that they would otherwise not know about or care about. I think software developers at Quicken could do this for the sake of their customers.

If there is an issue with the One Step Process the end-user must wait for an unacceptable amount of time for the software to realize there is an error and stop. Please give us a way to stop the waste of time process so we can get on with our lives.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    richsbca said:
    DoorDash recently mandated that all employees work in the field to see how the products they create work as well as see all the frustrating issues with their software that they would otherwise not know about or care about. I think software developers at Quicken could do this for the sake of their customers.

If there is an issue with the One Step Process the end-user must wait for an unacceptable amount of time for the software to realize there is an error and stop. Please give us a way to stop the waste of time process so we can get on with our lives.
    Hello richsba,

I understand that the load times can be frustrating, and I appreciate that you are providing this feedback to the Quicken Community. I did want to be sure, however: are you using a desktop version of Quicken? Is that Quicken for Windows or Quicken Mac?

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • richsbca
    richsbca Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yes, this is the desktop version for windows. It seems when your servers are very busy or not working the One Step Update process gets stuck for an unacceptable amount of time while it tries and then finally times out and tells me there is a problem. It would be nice to have a cancel button of some sort so I can try again later when the servers are available. This happens to me in the morning often because of what I assume is overloaded server connections. It sometimes makes me late for work.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • TTSguy
    TTSguy Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There have been times when I do a Search for something, inadvertently made a mistake and the PC sits going through many many files before I realize I made the mistake. It would really be nice to be able to Stop / or Abort the action. Quicken has no such feature in any way to do a reset, stop, or about. There are times when it would really be nice to have.
This discussion has been closed.