Unable to update capital one 360 with past transactions

Have been attempting to add the last years worth of transactions. On Mac - fully updated / Quicken fully updated. Keep getting a web connect error. Switching to PC is not possible so trying to get this working on Mac. Error message includes code : CC-885. "Quicken is unable to update this account because web connect support for your financial institution has been either temporarily, or permanently discontinued [CC-885]" Quicken About Info : Quicken Premier Version 6.5.1 (build 605.42638.100) macOS 11.5.2

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @georgioarmani83,

I am so sorry to hear that you are experiencing this error. Thank you for bringing this to our attention on the Quicken Community. Unfortunately, we have become aware of an issue with Capital One 360 credit card accounts, in particular. When trying to import files in QFX, this particular CC-885 message is known to appear. In this case, it would be necessary to contact Capital One's support line. 

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • They have told me to contact you guys. Now I'm stuck between two companies IT departments. I just want to be able to import my history so reports are actually helpful now instead of waiting a year.
  • So I think I have figured out a way to get past transactions but its a PITA (and I plan to use automatic sync going forward so I won't be regularly downloading transactions from my bank to then import into quicken - which is still very much broken). I only focused on getting past transactions from my checking account into quicken. My other accounts don't play into the reports so I don't really need the history from them. Starting from the beginning - take the last years worth of transactions and export them from Capital One Checking. With an available PC create a new quicken file with these transactions. Export account from PC Quicken Version. On Mac with a new quicken file import the PC quicken export. Go into the checking account settings and connect account to Quicken. Pay attention to which account Quicken syncs to the imported account - my quicken wanted to connect that to my savings account. This has allowed me to move forward with using the software. Hope this helps someone.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    So I think I have figured out a way to get past transactions but its a PITA (and I plan to use automatic sync going forward so I won't be regularly downloading transactions from my bank to then import into quicken - which is still very much broken). I only focused on getting past transactions from my checking account into quicken. My other accounts don't play into the reports so I don't really need the history from them. Starting from the beginning - take the last years worth of transactions and export them from Capital One Checking. With an available PC create a new quicken file with these transactions. Export account from PC Quicken Version. On Mac with a new quicken file import the PC quicken export. Go into the checking account settings and connect account to Quicken. Pay attention to which account Quicken syncs to the imported account - my quicken wanted to connect that to my savings account. This has allowed me to move forward with using the software. Hope this helps someone.
    @georgioarmani83,

Thank you for checking back in and letting us know about a possible workaround. I am sorry that the issue was unresolved after you spoke with support, but I will make a note off the solution you came up with as well as the problems you were facing and I will pass this information along.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.