Quicken vs Online Brokerage Account Fund Share Discrepancy Report

gfvalvo
gfvalvo Member ✭✭
Hi.
I have a known small discrepancy for the number of shares held of a certain fund between a Quicken brokerage account and the actual online brokerage account. Quicken reported this discrepancy (as expected) the first time I ran an Update today. However, it was not reported on subsequent updates. How do I get the discrepancy to be reported on every Update until I correct it?
Thanks.

Best Answer

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    gfvalvo said:
    Nope. No extra transactions added. Quicken account is totally unchanged. Small share discrepancy is still there, just not reported.
    Select the gear icon -> Reconcile Shares

This the "compare" function and from what I have seen it is run just after transactions are downloaded.  If no new transactions are downloaded since the last time you, did it then the compare isn't done again.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm guessing Quicken added a Placeholder transaction into your account register.  Find that Placeholder and delete it.  Unless Quicken recreates that Placeholder the discrepancy should be reported reported, again.  But if Quicken does recreate the Placeholder you will need to resolve it (i.e., fix the shares discrepancy) in order for the Placeholder to permanently go away.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• gfvalvo
    gfvalvo Member ✭✭
    Nope. No extra transactions added. Quicken account is totally unchanged. Small share discrepancy is still there, just not reported.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    gfvalvo said:
    Select the gear icon -> Reconcile Shares

This the "compare" function and from what I have seen it is run just after transactions are downloaded.  If no new transactions are downloaded since the last time you, did it then the compare isn't done again.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • gfvalvo
    gfvalvo Member ✭✭
    That did it. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.