Adding 7 Wells Fargo Accounts, only finds 5

patjdixon
patjdixon Member ✭✭
I have 5 different Wells Fargo accounts configured in Quicken that are linked. I opened a new Wells Fargo checking account and credit card account several months ago. When I log into Wells Fargo I see all 7 accounts and enable them for 3rd party access. In Quicken when I try to add the connection I choose Wells Fargo Bank and get the login, and then Quicken shows me the 5 Wells Fargo accounts I already have linked. It does not show the other 2 accounts. Does Quicken limit me to 5 linked accounts from the same institution?

Comments

• Hi @patjdixon

Thank you for contacting the community, I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue. 

I suggest going into your Quicken application and creating a new file. You can do this by bringing down the menu bar located at the top of your desktop>choosing the 'file' button> then clicking 'new'. This will create a new quicken file, then, click start from scratch>use quicken mobile or web>then add your Wells Fargo account. Please let us know if all 7 accounts appear in this new file or if it still only brings up the original 5 and then we will be able to go from there to resolve your issue. 

Thank you for your patience and for reporting this information to us. 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello patjdixon,

It is frustrating that those other 2 accounts aren't displaying. Are they investment accounts, by chance?

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • patjdixon
    patjdixon Member ✭✭
    It turns out that with Wells Fargo, it segregates accounts based on whether they are personal or business. When I login to Wells, there is a selector that shows either my personal accounts or business accounts. Apparently Quicken can only finds accounts that are in the default setting for display in Wells. Therefore, if I set my default view on Wells to my personal accounts, those 5 accounts are the only ones that Quicken will find when it tries to link. If I change my default view in Wells to my business accounts, Quicken will find my 2 business accounts. I am astonished that the view setting in Wells has anything to do with which accounts Quicken can find.
  • patjdixon
    patjdixon Member ✭✭
    I assume there is nothing else that can be done about this?
  • Quicken Jade
    Quicken Jade Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    [Removed - Inaccurate/Windows Instructions]
  • patjdixon
    patjdixon Member ✭✭
    Jade, it does not find my business accounts. It doesn't matter whether I use Wells Fargo - Business or Wells Fargo Bank, it only shows the accounts that are shown on the default setting on the Wells Fargo website. The default setting on my Wells Fargo login is controlling which accounts Quicken sees when it tries to connect.
    Is there any way for Quicken to find all the accounts regardless of the default setting? Can we setup a tech support session to screen share?
  • Quicken September
    Quicken September Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @patjdixon.

Thank you for reaching out with your update, though I apologize that this continues to be an issue for you. Unfortunately, there is no way for Community agents to screen share with you - however, if you would like to reach out to our Technical Support via phone or chat, they will be able to share screens with you and provide you with one-on-one assistance. 

If you do reach out to our Support and find a resolution, please do share with us here in the Community so that it might help out others who may be experiencing similar issues. Thank you and I hope you have a wonderful day!

-Quicken September
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited December 2021
    Hi @patjdixon,

Thank you for your thorough responses, I apologize for the confusion and inconvenience that this has caused you. 

I would like to know which connection type that you are using for the accounts with Wells Fargo that are already set up (Direct, Quicken, Web)? This will aid in trying to understand why your business accounts will not connect. 

Also, if you are wanting to screen share for help, then you would need to call our support line as the community moderators do not have the ability to screen share with users. 

I look forward to hearing your response. 

Thank you,
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

• patjdixon
    patjdixon Member ✭✭
    I am using Quicken Connect
  • Quicken September
    Quicken September Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello, @patjdixon.

Thank you for your update, though I am sorry this remains an issue for you. Are these accounts tied to another set of log-in credentials in any way? Additionally, what types of accounts are the business accounts that are not showing up? (Checking, Savings... etc)

Once you have this additional information, please reach back out so that we may continue working toward a resolution with you. Thank you!

-Quicken September
  • Hi @patjdixon,

Thank you for your response.

Would you be willing to try adding your business accounts from Wells Fargo using direct connect to see if it will allow them through this connection method? 

I look forward to hearing your response. 

Thank you, 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

• patjdixon
    patjdixon Member ✭✭
    It looks like it can find the account with Direct Connect. My concern now is whether I will incur fees
  • Hi @patjdixon,

Thank you for your response. 

You will not be charged any direct connect fees with Wells Fargo. I have provided a link below that goes more into detail regarding using Wells Fargo and direct connect. 

https://www.wellsfargo.com/online-banking/software/fees

I am so glad to hear that you were able to find the business accounts using direct connect. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out. 

Thank you,
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.