Quicken (Mac) is no longer able to connect to my Edward Jones and Vanguard accounts.

When I try to "Update All Online Accounts," I get "Download Error (2003)" for all of my Edward Jones and Vanguard accounts. Previously I have been able to successfully access them. ... Just now I "Reset Connection" for my Vanguard accounts and was able to successfully access them, but only for a short while. I now again get the same download error.

Any ideas? ... Thanks!
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    When I try to "Update All Online Accounts," I get "Download Error (2003)" for all of my Edward Jones and Vanguard accounts. Previously I have been able to successfully access them. ... Just now I "Reset Connection" for my Vanguard accounts and was able to successfully access them, but only for a short while. I now again get the same download error.

Any ideas? ... Thanks!
    Hello @garygriffith,

I know that download errors like this can be frustrating, and I appreciate that you took the time to get in touch with the Quicken Community about this matter. 

Typically, the 2003 error message appears when the financial institution's server returns an OFX response indicating that there is unrecognized user information. You can read more about this error message in the support article linked here:

https://www.quicken.com/support/error-2001-2002-2003-2006-or-2009-when-updating-accounts-quicken-mac

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • j.howell01
    j.howell01 Member ✭✭
    edited December 2021
    > @garygriffith said:
    > When I try to "Update All Online Accounts," I get "Download Error (2003)" for all of my Edward Jones and Vanguard accounts. Previously I have been able to successfully access them. ... Just now I "Reset Connection" for my Vanguard accounts and was able to successfully access them, but only for a short while. I now again get the same download error.
    >
    > Any ideas? ... Thanks!

I'm getting the same error message. It started with the last Quicken update (for Mac) - for me it was 12/21/21 when I installed the update. The comment about it being the fault of the FI is [Removed - Language] because this frequently happens with Quicken updates for Mac. The probably usually resolves itself by resetting the connection. Unfortunately, it isn't working this time and I've been without Quicken & EJ for over a week now. Quicken seems to get less stable with every update & it's very annoying.
This discussion has been closed.