Cloud Account Not Found (again)

Quicken for Mac subscription. Used flawlessly for years, in last couple of weeks repeatedly says "Cloud Account Not Found" and wants me to recreate it and reconnect to all my financial institutions. Done this several times, and error keeps returning.

What is the fix with the Quicken Clound connection?

Comments

• Quicken September
    Quicken September Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello, @PM2416!

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question, though I apologize to hear that you are experiencing this error. In order to help us better assist you, would you mind elaborating on this issue?

Where is your file physically located? Is it stored on or otherwise accessed by a cloud storage service such as iCloud or Dropbox? What prompts this error?

Once you have this additional information, please reach back out so that we may further diagnose and troubleshoot this error. Thank you and have a wonderful day! 

-Quicken September
  • PM2416
    PM2416 Member
    My quicken date file is stored locally on my Mac. I presume the "Quicken Cloud" file is stored on Quicken's servers.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited December 2021
    Hi @PM2416

Thank you for reaching back out with your update, though we apologize for this issue.

Did this issue correlate with any updates to your OS or to Quicken? Additionally, does the error message pop up every time you attempt to update accounts? This information will be important in diagnosing the cause of this issue.
    Also, if you don't mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

We will be looking forward to hearing back from you.

Thank you, 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Quicken September
    Hello again, @PM2416

Thank you for your patience through this process. In addition to what @Quicken Jasmine suggested, would you please let us know your full file pathway? A quick way to view this is by holding Command and pressing the red Q at the top right of your Quicken application. 

Also, I did want to mention the Quicken Cloud does not actually store a version of your file - it is not a cloud backup. The Quicken Cloud is more akin to an information highway, sending information back and forth, but not storing your file.

-Quicken September

• PM2416
    PM2416 Member
    I've done updates to Quicken and my Mac OS (currently 12.1) as they have been released.
  • PM2416
    PM2416 Member
    edited December 2021
    Screenshot:
  • Quicken September
    edited December 2021
    Hello, @PM2416

Thank you for the additional information and the screenshot. These will be very useful! Could you please upload the full file pathway for your file? Certain places that may be considered "local" such as Documents and Desktop get synced to iCloud. We want to make sure that your file is physically on the hard drive of your machine, hence why files, by default, are located in the Hidden Library. Is this file being shared on any cloud services such as for use on multiple devices or by multiple people?

Additionally, what actions prompt this error? Does this error appear when you open the file? When you try to update your accounts? What steps do you take to replicate this error? This information will be crucial in determining the cause of this error. Thank you!

-Quicken September

• garysmith87
    garysmith87 Member ✭✭✭✭
    1 Log out of your mobile app.

2 In the Quicken desktop, RESET your cloud data.

3 In the Accounts to sync, remove all the checked accounts.  Some accounts will stay checked, as they are Quicken Connect accounts.  Select update.  Wait a bit, as this process takes some time.

4 Go back to your mobile app, log in and see if the app has correctly synced the accounts that were checked.

5 If so, go back to the desktop and check the other accounts you want to add to the mobile app.  Select update...and wait a bit again for the process to complete.

6 Go back to your mobile app, allow it to sync and see if all your info is now there. 
  • PM2416
    PM2416 Member
    Hi Gary, thanks for your note, but the problem is not with my mobile app. I don't use a mobile app, I only use Quicken on my Mac desktop. I have "reset my Cloud data" several times, each time having to re-enter my login and password for multiple financial institutions (all the usual suspects). After completing this lengthy chore, I come back to Quicken on my Mac the next day, hit the button to download new transactions, and am greeted yet again by the "Cloud Account Not Found" error like I did nothing the day before. Very frustrating.
  • garysmith87
    garysmith87 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I'm just throwing a few things out here...whether they work or not to solve your issue is debatable.

Are you sure, when you reset your account credentials that ALL the accounts are deactivated from downloads?  Even accounts that are separate, hidden or closed.  Make sure all accounts are deactivated from downloads. 

Go to your Mac Keychain and delete ALL account names that have Quicken and an account name in the entry.  This will force you to re-enter your login username and password for these accounts.  We'll get to that later.  

Start a new Quicken Mac data file File > New...make sure you don't select use Quicken Mobile...then go to Preferences > Connected Services > Cloud Account and delete the cloud account that is associated with your actual data file.  Highlight the account name and click on the minus button at the bottom.  You may have to add an account in the TEST file, but you can always just add a dummy checking account with zero balance and no transactions.  

Navigate back to your actual Quicken data file and reconnect ALL your Quicken accounts for downloads.

See if that helps.

I have one more "nuclear" option if that doesn't fix your issue.

As always...make sure you backup your data file first. 

And finally...what happens when you clicked "Set up a new cloud account" from the error message you originally received in your screenshot?  Couldn't you just create a newly named cloud account?
  • Hello @PM2416,

Kindly provide the information that was requested above by @Quicken September in order for us to help troubleshoot this issue with you.

Thank you.

Quicken Alyssa

• PM2416
    PM2416 Member
    My file pathway is Mac/My Hard Drive/Users/(My Name)/Documents.
    Everything is local on my machine, and is not shares with other users.
    The error is generated (see the screenshot I sent) when I hit the button to update account transactions.
  • Quicken September
    Hello, @PM2416

Thank you for reaching back out to answer these questions. Could you please check your iCloud settings to make sure your Documents folder is not being accessed by or stored on iCloud? If the file is being accessed by iCloud, would you please move it to a location where it is not, such as the default location in the Hidden Library or your Downloads folder?

You may access the default location by:
    1. Opening Finder
    2. Selecting Go in the menu bar
    3. Holding Option so that Library appears and selecting that
    4. Selecting Application Support
    5. Finding Quicken 
    6. Selecting Documents
    Once we have verified that the file is not being backed up by iCloud, please try again and let us know your results. Thank you for your patience during this process and have a wonderful day.

-Quicken September
  • PM2416
    PM2416 Member
    Moving the file to a folder NOT accessed by iCloud seems to have solved this problem. I'll consider it resolved. Thanks! PM
This discussion has been closed.