Why am I getting these items on downloads from Discover

bob_5244
bob_5244 Member ✭✭
Unknown payee with 0.00 charge. Several of these with each update. Been going on for months Like new 12/30/2021 Uane Ky 0.00
Many others like this with different payee

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @bob_5244,

I don't remember seeing anyone else report this kind of error recently.  Have you taken a look at your credit card account online (not through Quicken) to see if these transactions are shown there?  How are you connecting with the credit card provider in Quicken?  Also which versions/releases of both Quicken and Windows are you running?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• bob_5244
    bob_5244 Member ✭✭
    Online account does not show any of these. Downloading via Quicken Deluxe and Spectrum internet connection. Using latest quicken subscription with lates windows 10 pro. Several other credit card downloads with Quicken do not exhibit this behavior
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Discover generates these $0 transactions when the text in the Payee/Memo on the statement is over a certain length.
    This has been going on for years.
    I just accept them and then delete them from the register, I find it easier than deleting them prior to acceptance.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• bob_5244
    bob_5244 Member ✭✭
    Really? Payees are usually Amazon. I will check that with the next download
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look at the Discover website, you will find the gibberish in the download shown on the screen.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• bob_5244
    bob_5244 Member ✭✭
    What i see on the download is not what shows in Quicken but, I guess that is the best answer. I will see if it happens with downloads that do not come from Amazon
This discussion has been closed.