after opening quicken, if I select the bill and income tab quicken crashes, how do I fix this?

hmday
hmday Member ✭✭✭✭
I am running win r37.25. Selecting "bill and income" tab crashes quicken...If I reopen quicken, sign out to sign in as a different user the sign in window is blank. I have to close quicken and restore a backup file. When I restore the backup file quicken prompts me to enter my quicken ID and PW. At that point quicken opens and I am able to select my bill and income tab without a crash...Anybody know what is going on?

Answers

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You may be experiencing data corruption. I would suggest starting with a data validation available from the File menu. This should indicate various file errors and hopefully corrections once the validation completes.
    If the validation comes back with no errors, you may have corruption that the validate cannot fix. You will need to restore your data file(s) from most resent back until you find a file that no longer exhibits the corruption.
  • drioux
    drioux Member ✭✭
    Also have the very same issue most recent version r37.37 everything else is working fine had some bill remember link issues but now you click on Bills & Income Tab crashes consistently. I did like the old Bill Pay Service have had many issues with the new Quicken Bill Manager. Windows 10 Home 21H1 Quicken user since 1991.
  • hmday
    hmday Member ✭✭✭✭
    I found I could not open quicken once it crashed, it would crash each time I tried to open it. If I restored a backup or validated the file by "ctrl & shift key while double clicking quicken short cut then selecting file to validate" it would open. However, it would eventually crash again. I called support they did not have a solution. 
  • mlurie
    mlurie Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same issue. I basically have to validate the file every time I want to pay a bill. Ridiculous.
  • hmday
    hmday Member ✭✭✭✭
    It appears this was fixed with the last update. Sadly, about a month ago customer support told me it wasn't a known issue and was the result of a corrupted file. I spent hours rebuilding my file. I am not sure I can rely on customer support....
This discussion has been closed.