Missing Data

vharbor
vharbor Member
edited March 2022 in Reports (Windows)
Hi, I am running a report and some of my data is missing. I have data for Jan/Feb but missing the rest of the months. I can't seem to figure out what is needed to fix....any suggestions?

Best Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Do you mean the data really is missing, i.e., when you open your registers it's just not there, or do you mean the data is in the registers but isn't showing up on the report?
    Assuming the latter then the "top of the head" answer would seem to be that it's not being selected in the reports customization in some fashion, e.g., some Account or Accounts aren't being included, or Categories or Payees, etc., etc., or that the time period you're using is wrong.
    If this report is a report you've created in the past and used successfully, but now it's not working, the other thing that sometimes happens with Quicken is that a Quicken update has somehow scrambled that saved report.  In this case one approach would be to re-build the report using the current update.  Sometimes simply customizing the current (old) report is some fashion will cause the report to function correctly.
  • perrypolk
    perrypolk Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I discovered the same thing today. I was checking my contributions and found that they are all gone. I've tested selected payments, and they don't exist. I just automatically updated to R36.57 today. I do have backups, but I'm reluctant to overwrite what I have as that will create different missing data.

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Do you mean the data really is missing, i.e., when you open your registers it's just not there, or do you mean the data is in the registers but isn't showing up on the report?
    Assuming the latter then the "top of the head" answer would seem to be that it's not being selected in the reports customization in some fashion, e.g., some Account or Accounts aren't being included, or Categories or Payees, etc., etc., or that the time period you're using is wrong.
    If this report is a report you've created in the past and used successfully, but now it's not working, the other thing that sometimes happens with Quicken is that a Quicken update has somehow scrambled that saved report.  In this case one approach would be to re-build the report using the current update.  Sometimes simply customizing the current (old) report is some fashion will cause the report to function correctly.
  • perrypolk
    perrypolk Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I discovered the same thing today. I was checking my contributions and found that they are all gone. I've tested selected payments, and they don't exist. I just automatically updated to R36.57 today. I do have backups, but I'm reluctant to overwrite what I have as that will create different missing data.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @perrypolk Are the contributions missing from a saved report, or are they missing from the register of the account they were made from?

If the former, you can usually fix it by re-creating the report.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • perrypolk
    perrypolk Member ✭✭
    They are missing from the register! I discovered the loss by looking at reports, and then searched the data two ways using find and "manually. "
  • Jim_Harman
    Is it just the contributions that are missing, or more transactions also?

Is the account balance correct? that would indicate that the transactions are there, but hidden somehow.
  • perrypolk
    perrypolk Member ✭✭
    I'm researching what data is missing. It seems concentrated on my credit card account. The account balance is totally useless. This has happened before. it seems to always happen on my credit card account. After months of accurate accounting, all the sudden the account balance goes haywire.
  • Jim_Harman
    Does this appear to be transactions that were once reconciled in Quicken and now are missing, or did they never download?
  • Dano2047
    Dano2047 Member
    same with me. I did a custom download for specific date range which successfully created a transaction file. Then in Quicken I: >File>Import>Banks (OFX,QFX), was prompted to select the file for import which I did, I could see a flash of a note that there were 163 transactions...then nothing. no import! Driving me mad.
  • Jim_Harman
    @Dano2047 you have a different problem from the one being discussed here. Please start a new discussion for your issue.
  • perrypolk
    perrypolk Member ✭✭
    A New Years update. I confess that I hadn't downloaded transactions which, of course, was the preponderance of the problem. I am only working on my credit card transactions.

BUT I note that the system is not picking up recurring transactions. I have a small number of transactions which are paid "automatically." These are not being recorded in Quicken.

Research continuing.
  • Jim_Harman
    Do you have Reminders set up in Quicken for the recurring transactions? Of course Quicken does not know about anything that is not in an account register. But if you are downloading transactions from your bank, these payments should download just like checks you have written.
  • perrypolk
    perrypolk Member ✭✭
    Latest update: Well, I think the problem was all mine. I went through all the transactions for last year to date. I'm still missing about 10 transactions. I'm pretty sure they are connected with the rename feature which I haven't quite figured out. So I'm sorry I blew the whistle so early, and thank you for your patient. I'm continuing to work with the data to figure out why some transactions aren't being recorded when I download them.
  • luannM0
    luannM0 Member
    My auto update data is misssing. Unable to do my taxes now! This happened after Quicken update
  • Jim_Harman
    @luannM10, your problem is different from the one discussed here. Please start a new discussion and describe exactly what is happening. In order to help, we need more details than "auto update data"
This discussion has been closed.