How do I create an annual report

How do I create a report showing 1/1/2021 beginning balance, total income/expenses (by categories, and 12/31/2021 ending balance and financial institutions where the monies are to match up with the beginning and ending balances
Tagged:

Best Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I don't believe that there's a single report that shows both Beginning and Ending balances (these are Balance sheet items) and Income and Expenses (these are P&L items).
    You need 2 reports.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓
    Run a Net Worth report for last year with an interval of year.  That's will give you the beginning and ending balances in detail.
    Run a Spending report by categories for last year.  If you want some detail about one of the categories simply click through to see the detail.  If everything goes right then the difference between the beginning and ending Overall Totals on the net worth reports should equal the Overall Total on your spending report.  
    If you've made any self-referencing entries in any Accounts during the year then the math, Ending Overall Total - Beginning Overall = Spending Overall Total won't work; the self-referencing entries will be reconciling items.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    I suggest you consider using a customized Transaction report.  For example, select Reports > Banking > TransactionLast year in the Date range:  pull-down menu, and Category in the Subtotal by: pull-down menu.
  • ksrothschild
    ksrothschild Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you for your suggestion. It does not show the beginning balance and ending balance and the monies in financial instutions;

Something along this example to show beginning year and ending year balances as well

January 1, 2021 $100.00

Income $120
    Allowance $70.00
    Wages $50.00

Expenses ($80.00)
    Transportation ($30.00)
    Food ($50.00)

Net $40.00

December 31, 2021 $140.00

First National Savings $100.00
    First National Checking $40.00
    Total $140.00
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I don't believe that there's a single report that shows both Beginning and Ending balances (these are Balance sheet items) and Income and Expenses (these are P&L items).
    You need 2 reports.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓
    Run a Net Worth report for last year with an interval of year.  That's will give you the beginning and ending balances in detail.
    Run a Spending report by categories for last year.  If you want some detail about one of the categories simply click through to see the detail.  If everything goes right then the difference between the beginning and ending Overall Totals on the net worth reports should equal the Overall Total on your spending report.  
    If you've made any self-referencing entries in any Accounts during the year then the math, Ending Overall Total - Beginning Overall = Spending Overall Total won't work; the self-referencing entries will be reconciling items.
  • ksrothschild
    ksrothschild Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you to all of you who made suggestions...

While the suggestions didn't give me the ONE report I wanted... I incorporated all the suggestions and manually transfered all the important data into one report.

Thank you and Happy New Year...
This discussion has been closed.