US and Cdn currency accounts - sync issues

gguser
gguser Member
Hi, I have a USD account in one of the Canadian Banks, while I can create the account manually and enter the transactions manually, Quicken will not allow me to sync with the downloaded transactions and insist the currency is Canadian.

If I create the account with Canadian currency, sync will work with no issue but Quicken will now treat it as Canadian and will not perform any currency conversion.

I am using the latest version of Quicken R33.7 Canada.

Thanks.

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Quicken Windows Canadian can only download transactions in CAD, and Quicken Windows US can only download transactions in USD.  And note that Mobile/Web are also restricted to the one currency.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Joel_onca
    Joel_onca Member, Windows Beta, Canada Beta Beta
    Chris_QPW said:
    Quicken Windows Canadian can only download transactions in CAD, and Quicken Windows US can only download transactions in USD.  And note that Mobile/Web are also restricted to the one currency.
    That is not correct. It may depend on the bank. I download from Scotiabank both CAD and US accounts all the time. The problem with Scotiabank is that for EWC only the currency flag is not always set correctly to match the bank account's currency.
  • gguser
    gguser Member
    The bank I am trying to use is TD. If I set it up to auto update from TD, then it doesn't recognize the USD currency on my US$ accounts, and you can't change the currency. If I set it up first on Quicken, then I can set the USD currency, but cannot then link to the corresponding TD account to auto update. Anyone else have this problem with TD or another bank?
  • Organone
    Organone Member ✭✭
    edited January 6
    I have successfully set up Scotiabank CAD chequing and CC acounts to download automatically using "scheduled One Step Updates" (Express Web Connect) .

The USD chequing account works properly with Web Connect downloads, started from inside the Scotia account...but...I have not been able to make the USD account work with the One Step Update.

Quicken is aware of the issue, and that it is a Canadian Only issue. [Removed - Speculation]
This discussion has been closed.