Immediate CC-892 when adding account to Quicken Mobile

ToddMcQ
ToddMcQ Member
When I try to add my banking accounts to Quicken Mobile so I can use the app, it IMMEDIATELY fails with a CC-892, which tells me it is not a timeout, unless the timeout is set to 250ms or less. I can add my 401(k) account, but I don't really want it, I just wanted to see if that one would work.

I have tried resetting my cloud data, but there really isn't any data to reset. I am able to use Quicken Express Web Connect to download and update my transactions, so my bank IS linked up to my desktop program properly.

I am currently running Quicken Windows R36.57

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited December 2021
    Hello @ToddMcQ,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, please take a moment to review this error-specific support article regarding Mobile Sync Error CC-892.

I hope this helps!
    -Quicken Anja
  • jtkqboston
    jtkqboston Member ✭✭
    I'm seeing similar behavior for both Chase and Citibank credit cards.
    I reset their access to work around a different issue, and now I can't get them back to the Mobile/Web setup.

@"Quicken Anja" I've read that article, but (a) in my database, both Chase and Citibank are using Express Web Connect, not Direct Connect, and (b) for Citibank I've tried the desktop-application enablement option and it doesn't help.

Using Quicken R37.62, build 27.1.37.26
  • jtkqboston
    jtkqboston Member ✭✭
    I worked with support on my problem, and the solution for me was to disconnect the quicken account from online connections (using Quicken Windows), then sync the account to mobile/web, then reconnect the account to the financial provider.

Something about the existing connection in quicken windows interferes with setting up the access through mobile/web.
  • Robert
    Robert Member ✭✭✭
    Same problem with Express Web Connect credit cards (US Bank, Synchrony, for example) immediately giving a CC-892 when I try to sync with mobile.  Wasn't sure I understood what jtkqboston did, so I thought I would clarify as it seemed to work for me.  1) Deactivate downloads in problem account, 2) Go to "Mobile & Web" and add the account to sync to mobile (it will be at bottom of list under "other").  3) After it syncs, go back to the account and "set up on-line access".   That worked for me. 
  • Mschmidt
    Mschmidt Member
    THIS finally resolved what Support and their 892 troubleshooting article could not. Quicken Support needs to update their article and knowledgebase with this method! thank you ToddMcQ!
This discussion has been closed.