Savings account

Options
trschaef
trschaef Member
I recently added a 2nd savings account to my personal file. How do I link it to my checking account and other savings account?

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    There is no "link" to be established between manual accounts.  Assuming you have set up a manual account for the new savings account, if you want to do a transfer just use a transfer category in the transaction.  For instance, if you want to transfer money from your checking account to your new savings account, enter the transaction in your checking account register and in the category field enter the name of your new savings account in Quicken enclosed in brackets...example: [new savings account name].

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Options
    Do you mean that you want to have your new savings account download during OSU at the same time as your checking account and other savings account?
    If so, do Add Account for your bank and set it up with the same bank login information you used for your checking and other savings accounts. 
    During the set up process Quicken will likely download data for all 3 accounts.  Make sure that you Link the data for your checking and other savings accounts to the accounts you already have set up in Quicken.  For the new savings account, tell Quicken to Add the account.
    Going forward, all 3 accounts will update during OSU at the same time.

• trschaef
    trschaef Member
    Options
    I actually input the bank info manually. But I make periodic transfers between accounts and my recent savings account isn't linked to my earlier savings account and checking account.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options
    There is no "link" to be established between manual accounts.  Assuming you have set up a manual account for the new savings account, if you want to do a transfer just use a transfer category in the transaction.  For instance, if you want to transfer money from your checking account to your new savings account, enter the transaction in your checking account register and in the category field enter the name of your new savings account in Quicken enclosed in brackets...example: [new savings account name].

• trschaef
    trschaef Member
    Options
    Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.