Quicken is dropping entries in register

Options
Quicken V R36.57 Build 27.1.26.576
Win 10 Pro
In check register.....Quicken has dropped 2 entries...

Just about every time I reconcile the check account....I have to make corrections because something is wrong....
So I started to investigate...

I printed out the check register on 5/4/21...all entries are there...going back to 10/2020...

Then I printed out the check register again on 12/28/21 and an entry from 10/23/20 autopay to City Bank for $119.00 is missing....Under the MEMO column it says "dropped from reconciliation"...

And an entry from 10/30/20 autopay to UMB bank for $198.00 is missing...

Everything else seems to be ok.....

Anyone have any ideas how to figure out what's going on...???

Answers

• stevem5000
    Options
    To clarify....I printed the checkbook register...once on 5/24/21 and once on 12/28/21....looking at the SAME section of transactions....the 12/28 report is missing 2 transactions....

However...I just realized that with Quicken open on my computer screen....the $119.00 is there but the $198.00 transaction is missing from my monitor.....
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Could this be problem with the register not properly sorted by Date, or filtered to only show certain types of transactions?
    Check to make sure the register is sorted by Date (click the Date column header) and the filters are reset (click the Reset button in the register)
  • stevem5000
    Options
    UKR...good idea...
    Since I had never set any filters....I did not expect any.....so I checked and was set to "all dates"..."any type" and "all transactions"....I hit reset anyway and no chanve....
    Thanks...Steve
  • Charlie Moore
    Charlie Moore Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have this same problem. It started about 6 or 7 months ago. I backup daily which has saved my bacon a few times over the years. . Anymore I will start looking for dropped transactions on a daily basis. My filters have always been set to all dates, all transactions, any type. Is that the problem? if so what do I change the filters to? Thanks for any help on this frustrating problem.