Filename issue on quicken mobile

Dave_b
Dave_b Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Using the Mobile App
I created a quicken new quicken file on Mac, I then renamed the file in Finder, and also used the rename feature inside quicken. When I access this file in quicken mobile, it shows the name of the file as the original file name. How can I update this to show the new filename.

The data in the file is accurate, just the mobile filename reflects the original name rather than the current name.

Comments

• Quicken September
    Quicken September Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello, @Dave_b.

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question, though I apologize that you are experiencing this issue. Before you use the following steps, I would recommend Saving a Backup (File > Save a Backup).

In order to change your Mobile & Web file name, you will need to do so through your Preferences. Please navigate to Quicken > Preferences > Connected Services. Here, you'll see Cloud Account Nickname - please enter the desired name in the field and then select Reset. After this, your data on the Mobile & Web version of Quicken will have the updated name.

Note: Resetting the Quicken Cloud for your account will discard any Quicken Connected Services data that exists on the Quicken Cloud and replace it with the information on your desktop, so please make sure your desktop version is updated with all of your current changes as this will be how your Cloud account is rebuilt. 

I hope you find this helpful! If you have any further questions, please let us know as we are always happy to help. Thank you and have a wonderful day! 

-Quicken September
  • Dave_b
    Dave_b Member ✭✭
    This worked. Thank you.
  • Quicken September
    Quicken September Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello again, @Dave_b.

Thank you for reaching back out to the Community with your update - I am happy to hear that the steps provided were helpful. As always, if you have any further questions, please reach out! We're always happy to help. Thank you and have a great day.

-Quicken September
This discussion has been closed.