Mobile app not working with investments

DrJ
DrJ Member ✭✭
edited March 2022 in Using the Mobile App
The Quicken mobile app will not update investment info. Checking etc works fine. Have worked with support for several hours without any progress. I've deleted and reloaded the mobile app several times and it doesn't look like the same as when I go to mobile on computer. All accounts are enabled and some give strange numbers. The mobile app was one of the features that encouraged me to buy Quicken but am very disappointed.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @DrJ,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest resetting your cloud data from your Quicken desktop program and see if that may make a difference. However, before doing so, first, verify that the Dataset name and the File name match each other identically by navigating to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts (see below). 

If they do not match, please click Edit dataset name and change the Dataset name to match the File name exactly the same (do not copy the file extension: ".QDF"). 

Then, click OK in the preferences window and proceed to save a backup (just in case). From there, please follow the steps below to reset your cloud data.
    1. Sign out of your Quicken Mobile app
    2. On your desktop program, navigate to Edit
    3. Preferences...
    4. Mobile & Web
    5. Make sure sync shows it's ON and click on Reset your cloud data 
    6. On the following screen you can leave the preselected option for "No, just reset my Cloud data", type Yes in the entry field to confirm, and click Reset
    7. Wait for the sync reset to finish
    8. Navigate to the Mobile & Web dropdown menu 
    9. Select Cloud Sync to resync your data and to make sure no errors occur
    10. Wait for it to finish syncing 
    11. Sign back in on your Quicken Mobile app
    Once that is done, see if the issue still persists.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• DrJ
    DrJ Member ✭✭
    I have tried your suggestions several times with no difference. When I got to the Mobile & Web site on my computer everything is fine yet on the iphone some things are updated but no investments. I notice that the web site on the iphone does not appear anything like the M & W page. I have deleted and reinstalled the app several times. My phone is rather old, iphone 8, could that be a problem?
  • Hello @DrJ,

I apologize that we have not been able to resolve this issue yet. No, I don't think your phone is the issue. I can only see that being an issue if your phone no longer meets the system requirements for the Quicken app. If this was the case, the phone would display a message to you that this was the case, and most likely not let you go any further. Like not allowing you to download or install the app for example. That doesn't seem to be the case, so let's see what else we could be causing this.

I see that you created a test file recently, however, it doesn't look like any accounts were added to the file. Can you please add a couple of your investment accounts into the test file and see if they now show up under the new dataset on your mobile app? To be clear, when you sign in on the mobile app, you will need to select the new/test dataset. Don't worry, you can always back to the original dataset, this is just a test. 

Quicken Alyssa
  • DrJ
    DrJ Member ✭✭
    Sounds like a great idea, will try tomorrow and let you know.
  • DrJ
    DrJ Member ✭✭
    Alyssa: You're a genius (at least compared to me). I uploaded one account into test and it not only showed up on mobile but also the phone.
  • Quicken Alyssa
    Quicken Alyssa Moderator mod
    edited November 2021
    Hello again, @DrJ,

I am very pleased that the steps provided worked for you! 

The test file working means that there is something causing an issue in your original file. That being said, we now need to try and correct that issue. 

In order to go back to your original file;
    1. Click on File in the top left of your Quicken.
    2. At the bottom of the menu, right above "Exit", there should be at least two files listed. Click on #2 and that will take you back to your original file.

Once you are back in your original file;
    1. Go back up and click on File.
    2. From the menu options, please click on Validate & Repair File...
    3. A box will populate in the center of your screen. Check off the first box for Validate File and click Ok.
    4. Quicken will perform a validation of the file and produce a data log, you can close it.

When these steps are completed you can then remove and read the investment accts from the sync. To do this;
    1. Click on Edit.
    2. Click on Preferences.
    3. Click on Mobile & Web.

4. Click on _ of _ eligible accounts enabled.
    5. Uncheck all of the investment accounts and click Update Accounts.
    6. Now go back in and put a checkmark back on one of your investments and click Update Accounts.
    7. Repeat this for every investment account, adding them back to the sync one by one.
    8. Now open your mobile app and sign in

Are your investments now showing? 

Look forward to your next update!

Quicken Alyssa
  • DrJ
    DrJ Member ✭✭
    Alyssa: thank you so much for your help but no luck. Even after deleting all investment accounts they still showed up. I was nice to double my money but I don't think the check would clear! I just went ahead and opened a new file and it worked great. I'm up and running. Thanks
  • Regina@
    Regina@ Member ✭✭✭
    I am having this same issue
  • @Regina@,

Thank you for adding to this Community discussion. 

Did you by chance try any of the suggestions posted previously in this thread yet? If not please do so and let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

• Regina@
    Regina@ Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    I have followed the steps and all of the investment accounts are still there even though I removed them. But they have no investments; only cash in the accounts is showing up. I am trying to reset now after removing the accounts. I’ll try adding one once this finishes. 
  • @Regina@,

Please try what the last person did to resolve this issue and open a new file to see if the same issue presents itself there. 

Thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

• Regina@
    Regina@ Member ✭✭✭
    It added the one account I added back in plus another I did not add. There are no investments included with the accounts. 
  • @Regina@,

From the new file you created, please go to Quicken>Preferences>Connected Services>See All Cloud Accounts...>Select the dataset of your original file (it's named after you). Then hit the minus sign (-) in the bottom left corner of this box and delete the dataset

Once you have done this you can go back to your original data file by going to File>Open Recent and selecting the second file down in the list. You will be prompted to set up a new cloud account and you should do that. 

Let us know if you have the same issue after performing these steps. Thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

• Regina@
    Regina@ Member ✭✭✭
    The test account seems to work just fine
  • @Regina@,

Were you able to delete the cloud dataset for your original file and create a new one? 

If so, did this resolve the issue in that file?

Quicken Alyssa

• Regina@
    Regina@ Member ✭✭✭
    Hi Alyssa, there is no “Connected Services” option in the preference window
  • Regina@
    Regina@ Member ✭✭✭
    I found it elsewhere but now that I deleted it, I’m getting a message that I am not setup to use the mobile service. I’m attempted to reset my account now
  • @Regina@,

If you are on your Mac version that's what you will see. If you are on your Win version it will be as follows. 
    Edit>Preferences>Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts>Cloud Accounts Associated With This Quicken ID

From here you will be able to delete the dataset for Win. 

Quicken Alyssa

• Regina@
    Regina@ Member ✭✭✭
    That did not work actually it made it worse because now it won’t bring in my checking account either
  • Regina@
    Regina@ Member ✭✭✭
    Ok that’s excellent info!  I am not able to get this to work on Windows but I just now got it to work on my Mac
  • Regina@
    Regina@ Member ✭✭✭
    How can I delete the test file I created?
  • @Regina@,

Unfortunately, I think that we have exhausted all possible troubleshooting steps that we can do from here.

I am going to have to ask you to contact Quicken Support by phone so they can diagnose the issue and get this escalated for you if necessary. 

I apologize that we were unable to resolve this from the Community, but I do appreciate your patience and participation along the way.

Thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

• Regina@
    Regina@ Member ✭✭✭
    I really appreciate your time and support!  Thank you!
  • @Reigna@,

Of course!

I hope your interaction with phone support exceeds expectations and resolves the issue for you!

Thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

• Judyrb
    Judyrb Member ✭✭
    I have a similar issue. Sync was working fine. I added one investment account from the desktop Quicken and the mobile app shows cash balances for it and 0 securities. Should the list of securities in this account show? BTW I am using Simple Investing for this account if it makes a difference. I have had no sync issues that I know of, but have never put an investment account on the mobile app
This discussion has been closed.