Loaded quicken to new computer thru my subscription- unable to complete download

I loaded the quicken app to my new Hp desktop, and was able to restore version from laptop, but Im unable to successfully down load/ update accounts. I get " program not responding" message when attempting to complete full update or when attempting updates for individual accounts.

Comments

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the full path to the folder that contains your Quicken data file on the hard drive? Do you have Controlled Folder Access enabled in Windows Defender? Are you using OneDrive, Dropbox or Google Backup?

FAQ: Windows Defender & Controlled Folder Access — Quicken
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • p013045
    p013045 Member
    I'm using One drive, but I solved the problem earlier this afternoon. For each account not updating( including Schwab), I deactivated the account, then reactivated it and the upload/ updating function resumed for all accounts. It seems that since it was a new desktop, the financial institution didnt recognize the new device, so it wouldnt allow updates? Is this a potential fraud stop gap? Greg, thanks for the reply. Only 3 institutions weren't impacted, and that included Wells, BoA and Citi.