All of my accounts with tthe exception of one bank account have disappeared from my side bar

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2022
    I'm a bit confused. Your screenshot appears to show five accounts, but you say all but one has disappeared?

In any case, one simple solution might be to click the three dot (...) icon at the top of the sidebar and then Expand All Sidebar Groups.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • maggiep
    maggiep Member
    today i executed quicken updates. i had 6 accounts - 2 bank and 4 credit cards. Now i can only access one bank account.
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please stick to one post and response to those.  People are trying to help you.  

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• maggiep
    maggiep Member
    thank you Rick, i mispoke - those 5 accounts are generated from one bank account. i have another bank account and 4 credit cards that are not showing.
  • maggiep
    maggiep Member
    Rick, i did click the ...and clicked on expand all side bar groups with no positive result.
  • maggiep
    maggiep Member
    volvogirl thank you i am new to this and thank anyone who helps me.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @maggiep I'm confused. You said you had 2 bank accounts and 4 credit card accounts, but the screenshot you posted shows one checking, two savings and two credit card accounts. Is this the before or after shot? When you say you can only access one bank account, what exactly do you mean? If you click on one of those other accounts shown in your screenshot, are you not seeing the register for that account? 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • maggiep
    maggiep Member
    jacobs - all of the 'accounts' shown are generated by one bank. I realize now how important language is. Those 5 'accounts' are all from one bank. I have a second bank with four accounts and 4 credit cards from companies like costco. these 8 accounts disappeared this morning.
  • RickO
    What version of QMac are you using? Have you expanded and checked Hidden Accounts in the sidebar?
  • maggiep
    maggiep Member
    Quicken Deluxed 6.5.1 and macOS 12.1. i clicked on account display and checked show hidden, show closed etc. and i clicked on expand all sidebar groups.
  • maggiep
    maggiep Member
    sorry Rick, i didn't complete my response. Those commands did not result in seeing my other accounts. thank you for hanging in here with me!
  • RickO
    There really is no command/action that would delete a bunch of accounts at once. So it's really hard to guess what's going on. It might help if you'd post a screenshot of the entire sidebar.

Do you have a backup that you can revert to? That might be a backup created by Quicken or on retrieved from Time Machine or other backup software.
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe you opened the wrong data file?   See if you have other files.  

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• maggiep
    maggiep Member
    i am not sure what you mean by data file. Last night i went into my backups and uploaded my data from November 2021. So i have recovered most of my data - i still don't know what happened. I appreciate your help. It appears the chat wait time is down to 14 minutes - i will utilize them. thanks so much
  • maggiep
    maggiep Member
    thank you RickO - i went to my backup and uploaded from November 2021. All accounts appeared. Wish i knew what happened -