Schwab accounts missing money fund records

bbrain59
bbrain59 Member
As of 1/1/22, when I did an account update/download, all of a sudden my Schwab accounts are missing a specific security in Quicken. When I try to add it back using a 'placeholder' transaction, it still won't show up in the account totals or details of securities held. I have a large holding in this security and it has drastically reduced the total value of my holdings in Quicken (the security is still there in my Schwab account, so the problem appears to be with Quicken).

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    bbrain59 said:
    As of 1/1/22, when I did an account update/download, all of a sudden my Schwab accounts are missing a specific security in Quicken. When I try to add it back using a 'placeholder' transaction, it still won't show up in the account totals or details of securities held. I have a large holding in this security and it has drastically reduced the total value of my holdings in Quicken (the security is still there in my Schwab account, so the problem appears to be with Quicken).
    Hello @bbrain59 ,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. Thank you for taking the time to speak about this with the Quicken Community.

Is there any way you would be willing to submit logs regarding this problem? You would do so by going to the Help item in the menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open and then going to Report a Problem.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 

• donmcnel
    donmcnel Member ✭✭
    I have had the same issue. A large money market fund is missing in Quicken since an update 1/1/2022. All was updating normally as of 12/31 and all is normal at Schwab.com. Using Q for Mac 6.5.1.

A possibly related issue is that I had been using Q for Mac 6.4.5 until the AM of 1/1 at which time it would crash on doing a one step update. I updated to v6.5.1 and it seems to update normally, but now this money market security is not present. I'm not getting any error messages.
  • bbrain59
    bbrain59 Member
    Jared - Problem report is being sent as I type this. Interesting that someone else has seen the exact same problem. Sounds like there was something in the latest update (Mac).
  • Helen B
    Helen B Member
    I am brand new to Quicken. Using brand new Mac w current iOS.

I am having the same MIA money market/cash account download issue with Ameriprise Financial.

I was going to try Schwab next. Sounds like I may have same MIA money market account issue.

What is the problem?? I hope I don’t regret buying Quicken Premier. I called phone number and got stuck on hold. I thought premier subscription got you a real human voice on other end of phone within a few minutes. I guess not.

Bumming out here.
  • > @bbrain59 said:
    > Jared - Problem report is being sent as I type this. Interesting that someone else has seen the exact same problem. Sounds like there was something in the latest update (Mac).

Yes, same here and happened on 1/1/22. Been a Quicken user for many years.
  • scott967
    scott967 Member ✭✭
    edited January 2022
    I have a problem today 1/4/22 that sounds similar. I am on QWin R37.66. Today when updating I got a popup while downloading Schwab asking me to convert to cash. I foolishly answered yes. The result is that I lost the tracking of a money market fund with a ticker in the account, and instead the balance of the money market fund was transferred into the linked bank account ("Schwab Bank"). Is there a way to undo that or do I have to restore a backup and start over (hope not as I had just done a bunch of work)? My account statement agrees with what I had in the accounts prior to Quicken "helping" me by making the change.

Update: By playing around I found out that there was a transaction "Establish Cash Balance" 1/3/2022 in the linked bank account. I deleted that transaction and now I have correct balance in the bank account, and the money market fund exists again with the correct number of shares. But the investment account cash balance is wrong. Looking around, I opened the "security detail" view for the money market fund and found a transaction listed with action "placeholder" date 1/3/2022 that is causing my problem. Going to "help" to "resolve placeholder entries" it says to open the "placeholder entries window below the register". Unfortunately, that window shows "0" placeholders.

I exited Quicken and restarted, now my money market fund has disappeared again as of 1/3 and the security detail still shows that placeholder but there is no way to resolve it. So i Backed up again and did a validate. That didn't fix anything.

I set the portfolio back to a good date (1/1/2022) and went back into the money market fund "security detail view" and that placeholder was still there in the transaction history for 1/3/2022. But I found if I double clicked on it I got a popup to "adjust share balance". I entered in the correct number of shares for 1/3 and "OK"ed it, after which the placeholder disappeared and my mutual fund balance was restored. So it is fixed, but I do think there are bugs here.

For anyone else with a "suddenly missing sweep mutual fund" issue for Schwab, suggest setting your portfolio view back to a date where the money market share balance is correct, click on the security to open the security detail report, and look through the transaction history going forward and see if there is some strange transaction (like a placeholder) in there. If so try to double-click it and see if there is an option to fix it. Again, in my case I have a linked bank account for the Schwab investment account. Don't know what happens if you just have a cash balance in the investment account instead of a separate cash account.

scott s.
  • Same here... The update to 6.5.1 was a nightmare. Lost all MM totals in schwab... Had to re-setup all accounts in all banks to enable online updates. For organizations where I have several accounts I had to log-in and go through setup for each separate account at the same org.
  • bbrain59
    bbrain59 Member
    Quicken tech - Jared...any progress in finding the source of this issue and maybe a solution? I'd love to hear that a fix will be available in the next release as I really don't relish the idea of having to jump through all the hoops described in the previous post by Scott S. with no certainty it will actually fix the problem.
  • I called "support" a couple days ago... They know nothing about this issue. Advice was to reinstall older version of Quicken which Im sure means repeating the account online process... Im underwhelmed with Quicken support.
  • The issue of missing money market accounts with Schwab has been going on now for a month! Please FIX this issue! I
  • Pat445
    Pat445 Member
    Exact same problem. Money Market Mutual fund has disappeared from all accounts all transactions all positions for all time. I sold a position and the cash showed up but no trace of the sale. Checked all accounts. Been using Quicken since Day 1 and nothing but problems since I paid for the subscription. Why is it that a problem reported on 1/1/22 is still happening today?
This discussion has been closed.