Long Downloads and Multi Factor Authentication

Options
R Strax
R Strax Member ✭✭✭
For the past month or so, my account downloads have taken as much as 5-6 minutes, where they have always taken about 45-60 seconds in the past.

In addition, every time I download I get a Quicken window with a multi factor authentication request from my bank (Chase), and the texted code says "You're signing in with a new device". Several times I have also gotten a request screen in Quicken to log back in to my account. As far as I can tell, this request is coming from my mortgage accounts at the bank, and do not pertain to my checking or other accounts. This has made downloading, usually a seamless routine, into an agonizing process.

I am using a MacBook Pro M1, latest OS, latest Quicken software. There has been no change in my accounts, their setup or my hardware/software. I have gone to the Chase website and gone through a process to approve access to accounts by Quicken (they have a specific website for this). I have deleted the account download data and reinstalled it on Quicken.

Not sure If anyone else has had this problem (I have not seen in in any threads) or what to do about it. If anyone has another suggestion I'd like to try it out. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R Strax said:
    For the past month or so, my account downloads have taken as much as 5-6 minutes, where they have always taken about 45-60 seconds in the past.

In addition, every time I download I get a Quicken window with a multi factor authentication request from my bank (Chase), and the texted code says "You're signing in with a new device". Several times I have also gotten a request screen in Quicken to log back in to my account. As far as I can tell, this request is coming from my mortgage accounts at the bank, and do not pertain to my checking or other accounts. This has made downloading, usually a seamless routine, into an agonizing process.

I am using a MacBook Pro M1, latest OS, latest Quicken software. There has been no change in my accounts, their setup or my hardware/software. I have gone to the Chase website and gone through a process to approve access to accounts by Quicken (they have a specific website for this). I have deleted the account download data and reinstalled it on Quicken.

Not sure If anyone else has had this problem (I have not seen in in any threads) or what to do about it. If anyone has another suggestion I'd like to try it out. Thanks in advance!
    Hello @R Strax

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this sluggishness in performance, and that you are being prompted for authentication so often.

Have you tried deactivating the account and then clearing all related passwords from the Keychain Access app?

You would do this by firstly disconnecting all of the Chase accounts from online banking services. Here are the steps to follow in order to do this:
    1. Open Quicken.
    2. Go to the Accounts menu and choose Hide and Show Accounts;
    3. Uncheck any accounts with this specific financial institution (FI) that are hidden in Lists;
    4. When complete, click on the account name for your account(s) in the Accounts toolbar in Quicken.
    5. Click the Settings icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
    6. Select the Downloads tab.
    7. Click on Disconnect Account.
    8. Click Done. Do this on each account with this FI. 
    9. Quit Quicken.
    Next, you would delete Quicken passwords from your Keychain Access app in Finder, by following these steps:
    1. Open Finder and go to Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access app;
    2. On the left panel in the Keychain app, set the Keychains to Login and the Category to Passwords.
    3. Find and delete any entries that show Quicken or Quicken Connect and this FI name;
    4. Quit the Keychain Access app and open Quicken.
    After that, it would be necessary to update the bank list in Quicken, by doing the following:
    1. Go to Accounts > New and pick an account type matching one of the affected accounts.
    2. At the bottom of the window that lists the financial institutions, click the "My bank is not listed" question mark icon; then click Update List.
    3. When the list finishes updating, it will display the current date. Click the Show List button to continue
    Finally, you would reconnect your Chase accounts:
    1. Type the name of the financial institution and make the appropriate selection.
    2. Enter your login credentials and click Continue.
    3. When Quicken has returned all accounts discovered for this FI, very carefully LINK each of the found accounts to the appropriate account you already have setup in Quicken.
    I look forward to hearing from you about any further updates.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @R Strax Although it's unlikely this is your culprit, check to make sure you don't have any open report windows hidden beneath the main Quicken window. (Either move the main Quicken window out of the way, or look at the bottom of the Windows menu.) When you quit Quicken and relaunch, it opens with any windows that were open at the time you quit, but they're usually hidden behind the main window. An open report window or two can cause Quicken to recalculate the report after every transaction entry, so it makes the program feel very sluggish.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.