Incomplete Schwab account transactions download

Charles Boschen
Charles Boschen Member ✭✭
I am using Quicken for Mac 6.5.0. I opened a Schwab account on 5/10/21, and initially had all of my transactions properly downloading. After the Quicken changes, during 3rd qtr 2021, I lost all of my trasactions, then some were restored, and now I have only transactions from 9/28/21.
I have tried re-initializing the account several times, but I have not had success in getting my missing transactions.
I have been watching the Schwab updates, and it appears that this issue may be resolved for most users. What do I have to do to get all of my transactions?

Answers

• Hi @Charles Boschen,

Thank you for contacting the community with this question, though I apologize that you are experiencing this issue and I understand that it can be frustrating. 

I understand that you have tried to re-initialize the Charles Schwab account several times, however, may I suggest that you attempt to completely disconnect the account and then reconnect the account using the add account button rather than through settings so it establishes a new connection instead of reconnecting the existing connection. I would also suggest that you save a backup before completing this process to be on the safe side due to the issues that we have been experiencing with Charles Schwab. 

You can save a backup by locating the menu bar at the top of your screen when in the Quicken Application> choosing filesave a backup. 

Please let me know if this helps your transactions to download properly, I look forward to hearing a response.

Thank you, 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• I have completely disconnected the account then deleted the account, and then added a new Schwab brokerage account the reconnected to my Schwab account account I am still unable to down load any transactions prior to 10/7/21. When I go on Schwab.com and look at my account, my history correctly shows transactions back to 5/10/21, the date I opened the account. Quicken just does not recognize the transactions before 10/7/21.
    Any other ideas as to how to get these transactions into my quicken database?
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Charles Boschen,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this problem with missing transactions, and that it seems to remain unresolved.

I just want to be sure about something before I go any further; have you already tried downloading the transactions as QFX files from your financial institution's website? Typically, there would be a location in your online banking account profile where you could choose a date range and download all the associated transactions in a QFX file from there. After that, you would Import the files into Quicken by going to File > Import from the menu in the upper edge of the screen while the Quicken app is running and then finish the importing by selecting Bank or Brokerage File.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • rl.wetzel
    rl.wetzel Member ✭✭
    Quicken Jared - FYI, Schwab does not make QFX downloads available. Only CVS.
  • rl.wetzel is correct, Schwab does not provide a QFX export option, only CSV. When I attempted to import the Schwab CSV file, the information was incomplete and the data was presented in columns with headings that might be appropriate for credit card transactions, not brokerage transactions. Perhaps another suggestion?
  • ed12
    ed12 Member ✭✭
    I have a related problem. I can download transactions from my Schwab account as usual, but money transfers from my Schwab account to my bank no longer have the correct category. As a result, the transfer shows up in the Schwab account, but not in the bank account. So they are no longer linked. This is on the Mac Deluxe version, which I updated this morning.
  • Quicken Jared
    rl.wetzel is correct, Schwab does not provide a QFX export option, only CSV. When I attempted to import the Schwab CSV file, the information was incomplete and the data was presented in columns with headings that might be appropriate for credit card transactions, not brokerage transactions. Perhaps another suggestion?
    @Charles Boschen,

I am sorry to hear that the issue is continuing, but we do have  another option, in terms of a resolution.

First, you would want to disconnect all of the accounts you are experiencing these issues with. You would do this by selecting each account in the left-hand panel and then clicking on the Settings icon - denoted by the 'gear' symbol in the lower right-hand corner - and then going to Downloads and clicking Disconnect Account

If you save backups often, we could restore from a backup prior the third quarter in 2021 when these issues arose, and then reconnect to your Charles Schwab account. You would do this by going to File > Restore from Backup then selecting the data file of appropriate age. You would then click the Add Account button with the "+" icon and select Charles Schwab Co & Inc. After that, you would go through the steps of connecting the account.

Thanks, 

Quicken Jared 
  • Quicken Jared
    Hello @ed12,

Thank you for reaching out to us about this issue, and I know that these kinds of download issues can be infuriating. I appreciate that you took the time to reach out to us about the matter on the Quicken Community. 

In your case, I believe the best solution would be the following:

First, you would edit the transactions by selecting them in the register and then changing the category to Transfer. Next, you would match the duplicate transactions by dragging and pulling them, one on top of the other. Lastly, you would go into Window > Payees & Rules in the menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open. Once in this window, you would go the Renaming Rules tab and create a rule that would rename the Transfer category transactions after the proper payee so that they would be downloaded with that name in the future.

Thanks, 

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.