Register view no longer shows up for any Investment accounts - Simple vs Complete

Seth
Seth Member ✭✭✭
Just accessed Quicken today and all of my investment accounts (that have Direct Connect established) now only show a dashboard view with Total Value, Portfolio by Security, Top Movers, and Value over Time as the 4 "widgets". There's no longer access to the register view and I don't see any menu option that would even toggle between these.

All of my banking accounts still default to register view.

Best Answer

• Seth
    Seth Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thanks - appears that Quicken just decided to do that on it's own for a lot of people. Wonderful. :(

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Your accounts were switched to "Simple" mode.

For each affected account, click the gear at the top right, pick Edit account details, and select Complete in the Tracking Method box.. Then go to Edit > Preferences > Investment transactions and un-check the Enable Simple Investing box.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Seth
    Seth Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thanks - appears that Quicken just decided to do that on it's own for a lot of people. Wonderful. :(
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim_Harman said   Then go to Edit > Preferences > Investment transactions and un-check the Enable Simple Investing box.
    Just confirmed in a test .... if you just do this single action
    ... [ ] UN-check, - then all accounts revert back to Complete -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Jim_Harman
    edited January 2022
    Right. I am having them do it in both places to reduce the chance of it switching back to Simple again.

[edited - more info] If you just un-check the Enable simple investing then Quicken checks it again, it switches back to Simple.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim_Harman said: If you just un-check the Enable simple investing then Quicken toggles it again, it switches back to Simple.
    yeah - I'm leaving one investing acct as Simple along with UN-enabled and then I'll know if it gets toggled in the future...

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Seth said: Just accessed Quicken today...
    Did Quicken recently perform an update to your software ?
    What version are you now running...... Help --> About Quicken

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Ps56k2 said:
    Seth said: Just accessed Quicken today...
    Did Quicken recently perform an update ?
    What version are you now running...... Help --> About Quicken

R37.66 just rolled out as a staged release.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    It is strange that this happens to some people and not others.  It has never happened to me.
    Signature:
  • Jim_Harman
    It appears that Quicken is once again turning on the Enable Simple investing option when it updates.

It should be leaving this setting alone.
  • Jim_Harman
    It happens if you had the account set to Simple then turned off the global Enable Simple preference. That forces the account to complete until the next time an update turns the preference back on.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    It happens if you had the account set to Simple then turned off the global Enable Simple preference. That forces the account to complete until the next time an update turns the preference back on.
    Makes sense.  Personally have the global enabled, and of course all my accounts set individually the way I want them.
    Signature:
This discussion has been closed.