rollover budget for mac

l3leblanc
l3leblanc Member ✭✭
I'm not able to rollover my existing budget data into a new year. That is, I'd like the ability to create a new budget for say (2022) using the same data I used for 2021. How can I do this or is it possible? If not, can this feature be created. I've already spoken with a Quicken representative and he says its currently not available.

Comments

• Quicken September
    Quicken September Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello, @l3leblanc.

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your issue, however, I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. You can roll your budget over to 2022 using the same data from 2021. This thread covers this topic in a lot of depth. 

To do this, please open up your budget settings by selecting Edit Budget. From here you should see an option labeled Budget Year. Please press the up arrow to the right of 2021 and you will see this popup:

If you would like to use the same data as 2021, please select Current Budget and the program will extend your budget into 2022. I hope this is helpful! If you have any further questions, please let us know as we are always happy to help. Thank you!

-Quicken September
  • JayBugs
    JayBugs Member ✭✭✭✭
    It depends on what you mean by "existing budget data". If you just mean the amounts you budgeted for each month then, yes, you can move that to a 2022 budget. When you select 1/2022 as the starting date for a budget Quicken will give you options and one of those is to use the budget values from last year for the new budget.

What you cannot do is to 'rollover' any over or under spending from year to year. Quicken Windows does that but Quicken Macintosh does not. It is a major fatal flaw in Quicken Macintosh budgeting. It is on their list to fix but hasn't happened yet despite being on the list for many years.
    -Jay
  • l3leblanc
    l3leblanc Member ✭✭
    Okay, thanks for the response. In my case my budget year runs thru two years. That is, it starts in August 2021 and ends in July 2022. Is this allowed? Or should I just make it for January thru December?
  • JayBugs
    JayBugs Member ✭✭✭✭
    In the upper left of the budget screen you can select a starting month and year for your budget. You should be able to select August 2021 as the start of the budget to match your needs.
    -Jay
  • l3leblanc
    l3leblanc Member ✭✭
    Okay, I tried what you suggested above. I went to budget settings, selected edit budget, and clicked the arrow to advance the year to 2022. Howver, I did not get the pop up asking where I wanted to draw the data from. When I click save nothing changes. What did I do wrong?
  • JayBugs
    JayBugs Member ✭✭✭✭
    It sounds like perhaps you had already advanced the budget and gotten that dialog previously. I don't believe it will ask again for the same period once the budget data is created. Anyone else have ideas or how to delete any 2022 data so l3leblanc can start 2022 again?
    -Jay
  • l3leblanc
    l3leblanc Member ✭✭
    One more question. Can I create a new budget for January thru December, and draw from previous budgets that are not in a like timeframe?
This discussion has been closed.