Regions bank Direct Connect Duplicates

2»

Comments

• Rick11
    Rick11 Member ✭✭✭
    As already stated many times above, this issue of Regions duplicate transaction has been on going and Regions is aware of it. I have spoken to Regions support and they are pretty much punting the ball back to Quicken support. The Regions Support person that I spoke with told me they were putting together a letter (really!) to Quicken support and she asked me for a "a log" and then said I would have to contact Quicken to figure out how to get the log... (really!). It's a known problem by both Quicken Support and Regions Support. Both are aware and they need to work together and make this as a priority and resolve it. Deleting duplicate transaction is a pain and certainly not a solution. In my case, it has been happening for almost 2 months and it is frustrating.
  • Jack Caddell
    Jack Caddell Member ✭✭
    Yesterday at Regions request i sent them my CONNLOG and OFXLOG. I had to get a Quicken tech to show me how to do it. I've spent hours on this, most of the time on hold listening to horrible music.
  • Hello all,

Anyone who is being affected by this issue, please go to Help>Report a problem, from within your Quicken software. Provide a brief description and leave the log files attached. Please submit the report to Quicken.

Normally Direct Connect issues are not escalated through Quicken but rather through the financial institution. However, the issue has gotten large enough and persisted long enough that I will be attempting to escalate this from our end tomorrow. I will need all the information I can get in order for this to be approved and your participation is appreciated. 

Please update this discussion letting me know when reports have been sent over so I can gather the necessary information. If you don't see this today, that's ok! I will continue this process throughout the week if needed, so your reports will still be useful. Thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

• grantkbrown
    grantkbrown Member ✭✭
    edited December 2021
    I am about to give up on Quicken Deluxe and Regions Bank. Have been working with each since Nov. 16, 2021 on duplicate checking account transactions sent to Quicken. Each claim the problem is not theirs.  I do not see any progress in resolving the issue. SUGGESTIONS?? [Edited-Readability]
  • Jack Caddell
    Jack Caddell Member ✭✭
    I am still having the same problem with duplicates downloading to my Regions credit card account.
  • wurdmann
    wurdmann Member ✭✭
    Still happening. Used Help > Report Problem as requested above. Please let us know what is going on with this.
  • Hello all,

Thank you to all who have participated in providing the supporting documents that we needed to get this issue escalated. 

We do now have an Alert open for the issue. You can use the provided link to view the alert. From there you can bookmark it to stay up to date on the issue. 

Quicken Alyssa

• I'm seeing duplicates and finally had a chance to look at the "Downloaded ID" that is generated by Regions. The example is a credit card transaction but I expect that the banking transaction issues may be caused by the same issue:

Transaction for $9.61 to a restaurant. Original transaction downloaded 12/16 with the following Downloaded ID:
    20211215DEBITDEBIT IHOP #4439-9.614

The same transaction downloaded 12/17 with the following Downloaded ID:
    20211215DEBITDEBIT IHOP #4439-9.612

The Downloaded ID's do differ in the last digit which may be why Quicken thinks they are different transactions. I don't have insight into Region's Downloaded ID structure but it appears that they are appending a digit on the amount field.
  • Jack Caddell
    Jack Caddell Member ✭✭
    I am still having the same problem.
  • trnlpn
    trnlpn Member ✭✭
    edited December 2021
    [Removed-Speculation] I have now discovered duplicate entries from a totally unrelated bank I dont use very often. Since I don't use it very often, I had not set the Download ID as recommended for Regions. I withdrew money yesterday, entered the transaction manually, and today, on the update, the Quicken did not recognize the entry and entered a duplicate transaction. I also find that transactions don't tend to download again and again as much once the account has been reconciled.
  • I am having the same issue with Quicken Premier and Regions Bank. I have a help ticket in with Regions and they acknowledge it and stated they are working with Quicken. I ask if this was a Regions issue or a Quicken issue. They stated it was a Quicken issue. So, now I am waiting on the Phone for someone from Quicken.
  • Jimmy Sledge
    Jimmy Sledge Member ✭✭
    This issue is so bad that I switched TO Quicken from Moneydance. I've been using Moneydance for 20 plus years! I think I will stick with Quicken for several reasons, but guess what? The duplicate transactions in Regions are still happening in Quicken!

I think that this conclusively proves that the problem is with Regions and not Quicken!
  • grantkbrown
    grantkbrown Member ✭✭
    Who and when will resolve this? Both sides are pointing at the other. Meanwhile we are stuck deleting duplicates. For me, this started on November 16, 2021.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Who and when will resolve this? Both sides are pointing at the other. Meanwhile we are stuck deleting duplicates. For me, this started on November 16, 2021.
    Read the post above yours, it is clearly a Regions problem.

If you want to see what Regions is doing wrong turn on the Downloaded ID column:

This ID is supposed to be a unique Id for any downloaded transaction.  Quicken saves each Downloaded ID for every transaction it downloads into the register.  If it sees a repeated Downloaded ID it knows that it has already downloaded it and skips it.  What you will find for this problem is that Regions is sending the same transaction with a different Downloaded ID, and as such Quicken will treat it as a new transaction, and that is where you get your duplicate.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Karl Hanson
    Karl Hanson Member ✭✭
    Welp.....more duplicate transactions this morning. Thought we were done with this.
  • trnlpn
    trnlpn Member ✭✭
    Hopefully, the update downloaded today will help with this duplicate transaction issue
  • wurdmann
    wurdmann Member ✭✭
    Not for me. Same problem. Can't believe there is not a fix for this.
  • Jack Caddell
    Jack Caddell Member ✭✭
    I am beginning to believe that Regions just doesn't care. Too big to fail?
  • RMansfield
    RMansfield Member ✭✭
    I've been using Quicken for two decades. NEVER had this issue before. Regardless of whose fault it is, Regions and Quicken need to work together to fix it.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    I've been using Quicken for two decades. NEVER had this issue before. Regardless of whose fault it is, Regions and Quicken need to work together to fix it.
    Quicken Inc is trying:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7903836/ongoing-1-6-22-regions-bank-duplicate-transactions

EDIT But Quicken Inc can force Regions to fix it any more than you can.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • cjryan01
    cjryan01 Member ✭✭
    It is definitely not a Quicken issue. I have been using MoneyDance the last few years and it started having the same duplicate issue with Regions at the same time Quicken did.
  • rodney1259
    rodney1259 Member ✭✭
    I think this may be fixed. I've not had duplicates for a couple of days now. Can anyone else confirm?
  • Briga
    Briga Member ✭✭
    I also have not had any duplicates in the last couple of days. Hopefully this is resolved.
  • Jimmy Sledge
    Jimmy Sledge Member ✭✭
    > @Briga said:
    > I also have not had any duplicates in the last couple of days. Hopefully this is resolved.

Same. Last couple of days, no duplicates.
  • leo2820
    leo2820 Member ✭✭
    January 12th and today (13th) there have been no duplicates from Regions. Hoping it remains that way.
  • mr.dallen
    mr.dallen Member ✭✭
    I have not seen any duplicates BUT there still seems to be an issue. If you update a transaction (Payee, Category, etc..) while its still Pending, it will revert back once its posted. This was not an issue before the Regions November updates.
  • mr.dallen
    mr.dallen Member ✭✭
    I was wrong. Still seeing duplicates... but I think it has to do with modifying transaction details while its still pending. Once the transaction posted, it duplicated and my changes reverted back to what was originally received from the bank. A couple of others that I did not modify did not duplicate. Time to help Regions trend #RollitBack
This discussion has been closed.