Sharing Quicken With Spouse

SilvertonChuck
SilvertonChuck Member ✭✭
edited February 2022 in All Things Canadian (Mac)
Is there a way for both my wife and I to have one Quicken subscription and share it - both be able to add and edit data on our respective laptops and have it backup to cloud and then sync each laptop? Would each of us have to buy a subscription or would my PC subscription allow me to download an Apple-capable subscription software to my wife's computer where she'd sign in like me? If we were always using Qucken at separate times (not simultaneously) would that work?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Is there a way for both my wife and I to have one Quicken subscription and share it - both be able to add and edit data on our respective laptops and have it backup to cloud and then sync each laptop? Would each of us have to buy a subscription or would my PC subscription allow me to download an Apple-capable subscription software to my wife's computer where she'd sign in like me? If we were always using Qucken at separate times (not simultaneously) would that work?
    Hello @SilvertonChuck,

I know that subscription questions like these can sometimes be confusing, but I appreciate that you chose to take the time and speak with us about this matter on the Quicken Community.

Though it is possible to store your data file on cloud-based drives/locations, it is considered highly inadvisable, as it can cause data corruption and permanent damage to the information. You can refer to the support article linked here for more information:

https://www.quicken.com/support/can-i-share-my-quicken-file-between-multiple-computers-using-dropbox

Note that although this article concerns Dropbox, it provides information that can be generalized to storage services, as a whole.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, the Quicken data file format is not the same on Windows and Mac. You can convert from Windows to Mac but the other way doesn't support investments.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
This discussion has been closed.