Can no longer print Quicken reports to a PDF

Barry Jedrick
Barry Jedrick Member ✭✭
edited February 2022 in Reports (Windows)
I have Windows 10 and Quicken Prremier, both current.
Something has changed. I used to be able to adjust columns and then print it to an Adobe PDF, with printing on both sides and flipping on the short edge, Now the column sizes revert to the default and there is no way to print two-sided.

I finally had to give up on printing and tried to export it to Excel, then it didn't like where I wanted to save it, I had to save it to the Documents folder on my C drive and then move it where I really wanted it.

Can we go back to the way print options used to be - or it would even be better if I could export it to a Word document.

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What PDF printer driver are you using?  I've had success with the free version of CutePDF.
    It installs on you machine as if it were a real printer ... and you just select to print to CutePDF instead of a real printer.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    There isn't any such thing as a "second side" when dealing with a PDF document.  How do you see the "backside" of an electronic page?

You print to the PDF file, and they you bring that up in your viewer, and if you print to a real printer that allows for double sided printing provided your printer supports it, that is when you would select it.  If you can't do that there then the fault is in the PDF viewer, not what Quicken printed to the PDF file.

If I select a real printer in Quicken and then select the properties, I can select to print double sided.

NotACPA said:
    What PDF printer driver are you using?  I've had success with the free version of CutePDF.
    It installs on you machine as if it were a real printer ... and you just select to print to CutePDF instead of a real printer.

Windows 10/11 has a built-in PDF printer that can be used too.  I know that the PDF printer that Quicken includes has had problems from time to time over the years, but I haven't seen too many complaints on it in recent years.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.