Problem with Quicken for Windows functioning properly after subscription expired

Options
RC5
RC5 Member
My subscription expired 12-3-21. I have tried installing Quicken for Windows at least 6 times and the download patch version Release R35.31 once. I've gotten verification code and was able to open 1 of 3 accounts. When I try to open the other 2 accounts, it continues to tell me that my subscription has expired and please renew to perform requested action. After clicking ok, then I get message your subscription expired before this patch was created. However, you may continue to use the version of Quicken you had at the time your membership expired. Please refer to this After your Quicken Membership expires, you will no longer receive updates to the Quicken application. However, you may continue to use the version of Quicken you had at the time your Membership expired to open your data files and, for Quicken Deluxe and above, continue to use Quicken in a manual mode. See our Data Access Guarantee.
If your Membership has expired and you need to reinstall Quicken (on the computer it was originally installed on or on a new system):
Find your Membership expiration date (you can see this by signing into My Account and going to the Subscriptions section).
Go to quicken.com/download to download and install Quicken for Windows.
From the list below, download the patch that was released before your expiration date.
For example, if your Membership expired on January 12th, you could download the latest version released before that date.
Windows (US) Download the version released before your Membership expired.
September 2021
Release R35.31 (9/7/2021)

I've done this, and it's not working properly. Now the account that I did have access to, automatically closes when I click on your subscription expired before this patch was created. However, you may continue to use the version of Quicken you had at the time your membership expired. Please refer to this Quicken Subscription how to reinstall Quicken after your membership has expired article to know how.

I'm using Quicken Home, Business, and Rental Property.

I'd appreciate any help.
Tagged:

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To revert to an earlier release, I suggest you perform a clean uninstall, install while disconnected from the internet, update by applying the appropriate Mondo Patch, and restoring a data file saved prior to updating from the earlier patch release.  If you haven’t already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken. To update Quicken, I recommend you download and apply the appropriate Mondo Patch:  http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quickenpatches.html

The real trick is to use a Quicken installation program created before your membership expired.   
  • RC5
    RC5 Member
    Options
    Hi Sherlock, Thank you for your response. So that I am clear, I still have the Quicken.exe file on my computer. Is that what you are referring to regarding the Quicken installation program being created before my membership expired?
This discussion has been closed.