Import .CSV Address File.

Options
ATC
ATC Member ✭✭✭
I can export a CSV address book from one quicken file (call it A) but there are no options to import this addrtess file into my new quicken file (B). Latest quicken R37.66. I see where older versions had way (File\File Export\Addresses) but can't find any import function for CSV except stock prices.
Or can someone tell me where the address file resides?
Tom

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Per the online help, Address Book importing is only available in the Home, Business, and Rental Property edition of Quicken. (Help also says exporting is only available in HBRP, but obviously that's incorrect; I can export from Premier)

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• ATC
    ATC Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Well, I was afraid that would be the answer, seen it in other post. Somewhere theres a data file holding the addresses, havent given up yet.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ATC said:
    Well, I was afraid that would be the answer, seen it in other post. Somewhere theres a data file holding the addresses, havent given up yet.
    One has to understand that the data file format is the same for all "editions".  So, for sure even with the Starter version there is an address book in the data file (note it isn't a separate thing).  But it is the edition level of the subscription that turns features on or off.  So, for the sake of importing addresses using a CSV file you aren't going to get around that.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • ATC
    ATC Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks, I'll start entering addresses from the CSV file. Linked your website, user since 1990
This discussion has been closed.