Update from Schwab with unrelated account transactions.

Options
markmoore
markmoore Member
I'm using Quicken Deluxe, 6.5.1 on a Mac at the latest OS. I have multiple Schwab accounts for myself and my three children. I use 4 Quicken IDs, one for myself, and a separate Quicken ID for each of my three children. The children's IDs haven't provided updates since 12/17, and there is a note about that when I open a Quicken ID. Today, when I opened one of my children's Quicken IDs the accounts updated, and things appeared correct. That was good. I then opened the Quicken ID for another child and bizarre updates happened. Even though Quicken correctly shows this child has two Schwab accounts linked to the Quicken ID, the update included transactions from unlinked account of one of my other children. Quicken now shows one of the two accounts has a broken link, yet when I go to Accounts>Set Up Transaction Download the two accounts for this child shows "Accounts already set up for transaction download". I'm most concerned that transactions have shown up from unrelated accounts.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    markmoore said:
    I'm using Quicken Deluxe, 6.5.1 on a Mac at the latest OS. I have multiple Schwab accounts for myself and my three children. I use 4 Quicken IDs, one for myself, and a separate Quicken ID for each of my three children. The children's IDs haven't provided updates since 12/17, and there is a note about that when I open a Quicken ID. Today, when I opened one of my children's Quicken IDs the accounts updated, and things appeared correct. That was good. I then opened the Quicken ID for another child and bizarre updates happened. Even though Quicken correctly shows this child has two Schwab accounts linked to the Quicken ID, the update included transactions from unlinked account of one of my other children. Quicken now shows one of the two accounts has a broken link, yet when I go to Accounts>Set Up Transaction Download the two accounts for this child shows "Accounts already set up for transaction download". I'm most concerned that transactions have shown up from unrelated accounts.
    Hello @markmoore,

I know that the process of using separate Quicken IDs to manage these accounts can be frustrating, and I am glad that you asked about this on the Quicken Community. It sounds as though you have accounts that are meant to be associated with one Quicken ID downloaded to the data file associated with a Quicken ID. In order to determine how to match the proper accounts to the correct Quicken IDs again, I will need further information from you. I have sent you a Direct Message in order to obtain this. Please navigate to the inbox in the upper right-hand corner of the Quicken Community page and check your inbox.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    markmoore said:
    @markmoore,

Thank you for sharing that information privately. It sounds as though you are referring to separate data files for yourself and each child, and these would be separate from Quicken IDs. To be clear, your Quicken ID would be your email address. The data files would each have their own file name, alternatively. Do you know which data file was exhibiting these issues with the improper transactions being downloaded?

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.