Chase requires a one-time verificaiton code to sync your account error

After trying to pay a credit card bill using Quick Pay, I received a message that Chase requires a one-time verificaiton code to sync your account error. How do I enter this code through Quicken?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Steve208,

Usually, such codes are prompted by Quicken as a part of the update account process and they appear (pop-up) during the process.  If you are not seeing such pop-ups, I believe that the process you may need to perform would need to be done outside of Quicken.  From time to time, some financial institutions have this type of reverification process.

I suggest that you login to your Chase accounts - through your browser, not through Quicken - and look for messages or prompts to verify your account.

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Steve208,

Usually, such codes are prompted by Quicken as a part of the update account process and they appear (pop-up) during the process.  If you are not seeing such pop-ups, I believe that the process you may need to perform would need to be done outside of Quicken.  From time to time, some financial institutions have this type of reverification process.

I suggest that you login to your Chase accounts - through your browser, not through Quicken - and look for messages or prompts to verify your account.

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Steve208
    Steve208 Member
    Thank you, Frankx.

There was no pop-up in Quicken, only the error message I find in bills & income center.

I paid the bill online going to Chase in the browser. There are no messages there. I'm paying a Chase credit card using a Chase checking account so there's no crossover bank to bank.

The good news I tried again this morning and I did get the pop-up in Quiken to re-authenticate the account. All good now.
  • Gary
    Gary Member ✭✭
    I have the same problem repeatedly - for months. I do not get a prompt in Quicken ever. My solution is to go to Chase and do the account to account transaction in the browser. This works instantly, of course, as there's no third party involved. This defeats why I use Quicken as a one portal money management system.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    HI @Gary,

I have 2 questions -

In the past, have you ever been able to pay bills through Quicken for your Chase account?
    And - when you have tried to use the online bill-pay feature through Chase, do you receive any error codes or messages, and if not what actually happens (i.e. does Quicken freeze-up, or close, etc.?

Frankx

This discussion has been closed.