How to fix a linked investment acct cash balance difference between linked cash acct & Invest acct

Options
rjd136
rjd136 Member
edited February 2022 in Investing (Windows)
I have an investment account that is linked to a cash account (CMA type account). During the recent upgrade the account was changed from Complex to simple tracking. In trying to fix the transaction register to reflect actual transactions vs. the investment account has a difference cash balance than the linked checking account - which has the correct balance and is reconciled. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do you have a recent backup file from just before the Quicken version update that you did?  Restoring that backup file might be the fastest and easiest way to get the problem fixed.  (Note: When you restore the backup file, make sure your investment account shows Complete Investing and not Simple Investing before you run OSU.)

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• jldavid47
    jldavid47 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Bring up the account, click on the gear at the top right and choose "Update cash balance..."

I just had to do that for two of my retirement accounts. I gave up trying to figure out where the discrepancies were.
This discussion has been closed.