How do I reconcile my investment accounts?

Options
cynstalker
cynstalker Member ✭✭
edited January 2022 in Investing (Mac)
When I click on reconcile account, it only shows the cash balance, not the portfolio balance.

Best Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Unfortunately, there's no reconcile against share balances in QMac. What I do is compare the total market value in Quicken to what the brokerage shows online. If they are close, I'm good to go. If there's a substantial difference, then I compare the share balances for each security between the two to find the discrepancy. It works best to do this when the markets are closed so that share prices aren't changing.

There's an IDEA topic that you can vote for and/or comment on here:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7861875/reconcile-using-share-balance-instead-of-cash-value-in-mac-version-4-legacy-votes

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • cynstalker
    cynstalker Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I was able to at least recon the cash; and the statement value equals the value shown in quicken effective 12/31/21, so I quess I am good to go.

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Unfortunately, there's no reconcile against share balances in QMac. What I do is compare the total market value in Quicken to what the brokerage shows online. If they are close, I'm good to go. If there's a substantial difference, then I compare the share balances for each security between the two to find the discrepancy. It works best to do this when the markets are closed so that share prices aren't changing.

There's an IDEA topic that you can vote for and/or comment on here:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7861875/reconcile-using-share-balance-instead-of-cash-value-in-mac-version-4-legacy-votes

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • cynstalker
    cynstalker Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I was able to at least recon the cash; and the statement value equals the value shown in quicken effective 12/31/21, so I quess I am good to go.
This discussion has been closed.