Credit Union (Apple FCU) connection is not working since 12/7/2021

HerndonVaBill
HerndonVaBill Member ✭✭
I am currently on macOS 12.1 with Quicken 6.5.1 (Build 605.42638.100). I was unable to download information. I have account at other institutions that update just fine including Schwab. With my current file, I set my FCU accounts update to manual, reset my Quicken cloud storage, and closed the Quicken. I restarted Quicken and tried to create and automatic update for my checking account. The Quicken error message that I received is AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR (FI_TIMEOUT:Fdp-102).

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    I am currently on macOS 12.1 with Quicken 6.5.1 (Build 605.42638.100). I was unable to download information. I have account at other institutions that update just fine including Schwab. With my current file, I set my FCU accounts update to manual, reset my Quicken cloud storage, and closed the Quicken. I restarted Quicken and tried to create and automatic update for my checking account. The Quicken error message that I received is AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR (FI_TIMEOUT:Fdp-102).
    Hello @HerndonVaBill

I am sorry that you are experiencing this frustrating aggregator error, and I thank you for taking the time to work with us on the issue here at the Quicken Community.

To begin with, you would disconnect the account or accounts associated with Apple FCU. Next, you would removed any login credentials that have been saved in the Keychain Access app. Finally, you would reconnect all of your Apple FCU accounts. Be sure to save a backup before attempting any of these steps by going to File > Restore a Backup.

Here is a more detailed, step-by-step description of the procedures listed above:

Search for any hidden accounts by following these steps
    1. Go to the Accounts menu and choose Hide and Show Accounts
    2. Uncheck any accounts with this specific financial institution that are checked as hidden in Lists
    Next, follow the steps listed below:
    1. Open the account register and navigate to the Settings gear on the bottom-right corner
    2. Click on the Downloads tab
    3. Click Disconnect Account (if there are more than one account associated with this financial institution, please repeat steps 1 through 3 for each account)
    4. Quit Quicken
    5. Open Finder and navigate to Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access app
    6. On the left panel in the Keychain Access app, set the Keychains to Login and the Category to Passwords
    7. Search for the financial institution's name in the top-right search field and delete any entries found showing "Quicken password for [your financial institution username] at [financial institution name] "
    8. Quit the Keychain Access app and reopen Quicken
    9. Navigate to Accounts > New and choose the appropriate account type for the accounts that you previously deactivated 
    10. At the bottom of the window showing the list of the financial institutions, click on the "My bank is not listed" question mark icon, then click Update List
    11. Wait for the list to finish updating and the Updated: " section displays the current date.
    12. Click the Show List button to continue
    13. Use the search field at the top of the list to find and select your financial institution and click Continue
    14. Follow the prompts to sign in using your login credentials associated with the financial institution
    15. If the accounts have been found successfully; use the dropdown menus to link each account to the appropriate account in Quicken
    Please let me know if you have any additional questions, and feel free to follow up with us on any new developments regarding this matter.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • HerndonVaBill
    HerndonVaBill Member ✭✭
    Thank you for a slightly different approach. However, it did not work. Rather than messing with my current quicken file and having to restore, I decided to try with a brand new file after clearing KeyChain password for Apple FCU and verified it. The following are the screen shots.
  • HerndonVaBill
    HerndonVaBill Member ✭✭
    Could this be related to two factor authentication as I didn’t receive a request for text number or email address after providing my user name and password?
  • Quicken Jared
    Could this be related to two factor authentication as I didn’t receive a request for text number or email address after providing my user name and password?
    @HerndonVaBill,

Thanks so much for providing those screenshots and continuing to follow up with me about this. I see your reasoning, but I think we might have better results with a different course of action.

First, be sure to save a backup by going to File > Save a Backup. Then, in this case, it will likely be worth going into Settings > Downloads > Connect Account and then going into Options. This would be assuming, of course, that the account is currently disconnected to begin with. After you get into the Options menu, you will select the Web Connect option, and go through the steps of linking your account. It is very likely that this is the best or most supported method to work with Apple FCU's online banking services.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • HerndonVaBill
    HerndonVaBill Member ✭✭
    This might be the best solution today, but it represents a loss of Quicken function for me. Are you or Quicken developers working on this with Apple FCU or their SW supplier?

Murphy strikes again as Web connect doesn't recognize me. Thus I will be calling Apple FCU (Virginia nor CA).
  • HerndonVaBill
    HerndonVaBill Member ✭✭
    I just finishing speaking with Apple FCU. They confirmed that there is a problem Quicken connect and Web Connect for Apple FCU. While I was waiting, I installed Quicken R37.66 (Jan 2022) on a Windows 10 version 21H1 and I couldn't connect to Apple FCU.
  • jboch97
    jboch97 Member
    I am having the same issue. My Apple FCU accounts will no longer download transactions. I do have 2-factor authentication set up on my Apple Account. Is this going to be fixed anytime soon?
  • Still not working with the latest Quicken version 6.5.3 (Build 605.42687.100) on macOS 12.1
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    For what it's worth, 99% of connectivity problems are unrelated to updates of the Quicken application; they almost all involve the back-end servers run by Quicken and by its connectivity service provider, Intuit, as well as the financial institutions' servers. And thus most such problems are resolved independent of any update to the program. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • I have been trying Quicken every other day since 12/07. Apple FCU asked me to send these ConnLog.txt and HTTPLog.txt files. I tried to drop the txt files, then tried a zip file, lastly I changed the file extension from zip to png. That seem to work. I tried to create a file from scratch with the first account of Apple FCU. I hope this helps.
  • HerndonVaBill
    HerndonVaBill Member ✭✭
    edited February 2022
    I also reported the problem to the Quicken development team using [Removed - Email]
  • Quicken Jared
    I also reported the problem to the Quicken development team using [Removed - Email]
    @HerndonVaBill,

Thank you for continuing to keep in touch and informing us about this issue. I am sorry that the problem is continuing, as of now. 

When you submitted the logs, were you speaking with someone at Quicken support over the phone? If not, I would recommend getting in touch with them to pursue this further. I have linked the proper contact information below:

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Feel free to reach out to us with any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • I spoke with Quicken support. The answer was my Apple FCU password contained a special character not supported by Quicken. I was told that the only support special character is the period. I didn't think this was correct, but it worked. I believe that unsupported special character is ], but that is just my guess and it was in my password.
This discussion has been closed.