Unable to add Credit Card from Fifth Third

Options
Both my Checking and Savings accounts at Fifth Third are set up for direct connect download. When I go to "set up", to add a recent Credit Card, both my Checking and Savings accounts show, but no credit card? Any suggestions would be helpful.

Comments

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @ricklynchcore

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this issue. To better assist you more information is needed. For instance, what connection method are you using? Are you receiving any error codes or messages? Also, is your credit card directly from Fifth Third or is it a store credit card? 

Please elaborate further so that we may provide the proper guidance. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • ricklynchcore
    ricklynchcore Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am using a direct connect to fifth third, as stated above. It is a Credit card issued by fifth third bank. I suspect fifth third may not function using a direct connect with a credit card
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Hello @ricklynchcore

Thank you for the clarification and your response. To obtain a better understanding of this issue could you please attempt a test file? Before starting the process please ensure that you have made a backup of your current file. 

To do this select File >New Quicken File >OK. On the popup windows type in "test" for the file name and save it to your local hard drive. Once the test file has been created add your Fifth Third Bank account(s) only. No other accounts are needed.

When you have a moment please attempt the test file and let us know how it goes! Be specific if you encounter the same issue or any other errors. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • mrrossol
    mrrossol Member ✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Options
    I may be having the same issue. What I finally discovered. All my accounts download, except the CASH BACK card, which Fifth Third calls a MAN card or mulit-purpose card. There is one "Credit" account but my wife and I each have separate cards [and card numbers]. Online at 5/3, we see transactions from both cards on the one account. Veronica, third person in their "Quicken" dept knew exactly what was happening. She didn't know if this issue (Quicken not knowing how to link to CC numbers to one Credit account number) is something being worked on, if it is Quicken's to fix or 5/3's to fix. I would appreciate if someone at Intuit/Quicken would give me an update or at least acknowledge they are aware of the issue. Martin [Removed - Email]
This discussion has been closed.