Is there a way to add a note to any security/ticker?

Doug_Trager
Doug_Trager Member
edited February 2022 in Investing (Windows)
It's handy to add things to a Watchlist for further investigation later. I like to include a note. (Where I heard about it, who spoke about it, why I added it, timing and strategy being pondered)
Tagged:

Answers

• I see one can add notes to Other Info in Securities Detail. I don't see a way to have the Other Info I add show up as a column in Portfolio View.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Doug_Trager

Yes, there is a way to add information.

For the security in question:

1) Click on "Tools" 
    2) Select "Security List" from the dropdown menu;
    3) Click on the Name of the security you want to add the information to.
    4) In the pop-up window - on the left hand side - click on the "Edit Details" button;
    5) C
    lick on the "Other Info" button at the bottom;
    6) Enter whatever information you'd like to in the "Comments" box.

Let me know how that goes and/or if you have any followups,

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You added your 2nd post while I was responding to the first one.

Unfortunately, no - that data will not show up in a column in "Portfolio View"

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see a way to have the Other Info I add show up as a column in Portfolio View.
    You're right.  No way to show that in a view.  

As a thought - you could add some symbol (#) or shorthand notation (SeeNote) to the security name to remind yourself that you wrote such a note.
  • Is there a way to export the Watchlist?
    Or, create a report of the Watchlist for export?
  • This or probably best left to online broker site. Still, this is fertile ground for Quicken to enhance. Notes, Alarms based on date or security cost, etc…Thos can all be done at broker so no biggie but it would be nice within Quicken!
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a way to export the Watchlist?

Please start a new discussion for your new question
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    This or probably best left to online broker site. Still, this is fertile ground for Quicken to enhance. Notes, Alarms based on date or security cost, etc…Thos can all be done at broker so no biggie but it would be nice within Quicken!

You might take a look at Quicken's Alerts. Go to Tools > Alerts Center for more info.

QWin Premier subscription
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a way to export the Watchlist?
    Any investing report can be customized to include (or exclude) the watchlist.  The Watch Llst is basically a pseudo-account.  Likewise for portfolio views.  But none of that gets to the security details or the Notes about the securities.  Those reports can be printed or copied to other programs, like Excel.  Similarly, portfolio views can be handled that way.  
This discussion has been closed.