Downloading my credit card opens a new account,

Options
Michael Fash
Michael Fash Member ✭✭
I'm trying to download my Visa Credit card into my account. A window comes up showing my correct account number but when I accept it opens a new account "Credit Card"
How can I download into my existing account?

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Are you importing a QFX file? If so, you may want to check if Quicken Connect or Direct Connect are available for your bank.

If you are importing a QFX, I believe what you're seeing may be part of this issue:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7905187/new-01-03-22-qfx-web-connect-files-not-importing

When importing a QFX, you should be given the option to link to and existing account or create new. 

It would help if you could post a screenshot of the window that comes up.

In any case, you should be able to let the new account be created, then drag and drop all the transactions to the correct account, then delete the new one.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Michael Fash
    Michael Fash Member ✭✭
    Options
    :) RickO thank you for your help. Everything was fine until I updated my Quicken to 6.5. Then when I downloaded my credit card I got a message saying "is this the account?" which it was but then it opened up a new account "CreditCard." So as you recommended I selected it and added it to my regular account. Thank you. Why did this happen?
    One more question please. What I like to do is add a line "end of Cycle*******" on that date each month. Usually it works but now it goes to the bottom of my entries and I can't get it to go to the date that I have entered on it. I click on "reviewed" in the left column but it still won't move to the date entered.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Sorry, I don't know why that happened. We are just fellow users here. You may want to contact Quicken Support on this if you haven't already.

RE the end of cycle note. Are you creating a new transaction why "end of cycle" as the payee, or memo, or both? If so the date in the Date field (not the date you enter it) will determine the order. Make sure your register is sorted by Date by clicking the Date column header. Click it again to reverse the order.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.