Cannot set up capital one on current file

Dwyert33
Dwyert33 Member ✭✭
I have tried to set up an Auto account with Capital One with no success. While talking with support, we were able to set one up on a dummy account. If I do the exact same thing on my current file, I get "AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR (INCORRECT_FI:ccscrape.107)".

It is literally the exact same process. Follow the steps exactly. It will set up on a dummy account, but it will not set up on the current account. Why?

Mac Big Sur 11.6.1
Quicken 6.5.1

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Dwyert33 said:
    I have tried to set up an Auto account with Capital One with no success. While talking with support, we were able to set one up on a dummy account. If I do the exact same thing on my current file, I get "AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR (INCORRECT_FI:ccscrape.107)".

It is literally the exact same process. Follow the steps exactly. It will set up on a dummy account, but it will not set up on the current account. Why?

Mac Big Sur 11.6.1
    Quicken 6.5.1
    Hello Dwyert33,

I know that error messages like these can be troubling, and I appreciate that you are reaching out to us on the Quicken Community about this. Which instance are you connecting to when you attempt to link the Capital One account? Error messages like the one you are reporting are often a consequence of the incorrect instance of the financial institution being selected in the list that appears when you try to link the account.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • Hi @Dwyert33

Thank you for coming to the community, I understand how this can be frustrating and I am sorry that you are experiencing this error. 

In order to be able to work towards a resolution, I require some more information. Which Capital One option are you choosing when adding the account (360, New, Current, etc.)? Also, what connection method are you using (Direct, Quicken, Web)?

I look forward to hearing your response. 

Thank you, 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Dwyert33
    Dwyert33 Member ✭✭
    I am selecting Current and I am trying to use Direct. This works fine on a new file. I really do not want to have to start over because of this tiny thing.
  • @Dwyert33,

Thank you for updating us with the requested information. 

I took a deeper look into your profile and noticed that your file has not been migrated to the new server yet. This seems to happen most often when a person has their file stored externally. If it is currently external, you will need to move it to be stored locally. The default location where a Quicken file would be stored is in the hidden library.

To get there you will need to open the Finder on your Mac. Then you will hold down the Option key on your keyboard and click on Go in the menu across the top of your screen. With Option held down, you will see Library in the list of menu choices and you can select that. From there you select Application Support and then Quicken. This is where your file should be stored. 

Please let us know once you have moved it or if it was already in this location. Thank you.

Quicken Alyssa

• Dwyert33
    Dwyert33 Member ✭✭
    I have moved the file to the place you suggested.
  • Dwyert33
    Dwyert33 Member ✭✭
    I have also tried exporting to a QXF and importing into a new Quicken file. I was able to set up capital one on the account in question when I did this. Unfortunately, my main bank account did not export. How do I export this file and make sure all data makes it into the QXF file?
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Dwyert33 said:
    I have also tried exporting to a QXF and importing into a new Quicken file. I was able to set up capital one on the account in question when I did this. Unfortunately, my main bank account did not export. How do I export this file and make sure all data makes it into the QXF file?
    @Dwyert33,

I am sorry to hear that there is still some difficulty resolving this issue. I am, in any case, happy you chose to work on this with us here on the Quicken Community. 

I just want to be clear, are you trying to download the transactions from the bank? In order to export and import QFX files - not to be confused with QXF files - you would follow these steps:
    1. On your financial institution's website, click the option to download your account information as a Web Connect (QFX) file. If prompted, click Open.
    2. If this is the first time you have downloaded information for this account, or if Quicken cannot determine which account to download the transactions into, you are prompted to identify the Quicken account you use to track this financial information.
    3. If you have set up an existing Quicken account for this account, click Account already exists, then choose the account nickname from the drop-down menu.
    4. If you have not yet set up a Quicken account for this account, click Create a new Quicken account, and then click Continue.
    5. Click Continue. Your recent account history is downloaded from your financial institution to Quicken. Depending on the amount of information being sent, you may see a progress bar indicating how much of the transfer is complete.
    6. When your recent account history has been transferred, accept the downloaded transactions into Quicken.
    7. After the initial download and processing, you can download the Web Connect file from the Online Center window by clicking Update/Send.
    You can read more about importing QFX files in the support article linked here:

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-activate-web-connect-account

I look forward to hearing any additional questions or updates from you.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.