Resetting my cloud settings severely messed up my accounts [Edited]

cwclifford
cwclifford Member ✭✭
[Removed - Violation of Community Guidelines] I was forced to create a new cloud account and it made a huge mess of my accounts, cleared transactions and reconciliations. 

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    [Removed - Violation of Community Guidelines] I was forced to create a new cloud account and it made a huge mess of my accounts, cleared transactions and reconciliations. 
    Hello @cwclifford,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing these issues. Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community about this. What, specifically, happened in your accounts? Are you noticing missing or duplicate transactions? I want to help find a resolution but I will need a little more information beforehand.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • cwclifford
    cwclifford Member ✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Hi, @Quicken Jared. I copied my Quicken file to a travel laptop and then moved the file back onto my home computer recently. After that, Quicken insisted I reset or create a new Cloud account before I could download transactions. Afterwards, I had 100s of transfers in one account that were duplicates of those between two of my other accounts (at the same bank). Also, all accounts were disconnected, which is a huge pain to set up. I just went through similar to get a few accounts to work that would not download transactions and had everything nice and reconciled.

I found the duplicate transfers and deleted those that were incorrectly entered but gave up when reconciliation was still way off because some were actually correct and it got too confusing. So, I added a few adjustment transactions and I am almost back in decent shape but can't stand the sight of "adjustments" or even being off one penny.

I was told that the file itself depends on what machine its on and moving it from one computer to another can cause issues like this. Is this the case?
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hi, @Quicken Jared. I copied my Quicken file to a travel laptop and then moved the file back onto my home computer recently. After that, Quicken insisted I reset or create a new Cloud account before I could download transactions. Afterwards, I had 100s of transfers in one account that were duplicates of those between two of my other accounts (at the same bank). Also, all accounts were disconnected, which is a huge pain to set up. I just went through similar to get a few accounts to work that would not download transactions and had everything nice and reconciled.

I found the duplicate transfers and deleted those that were incorrectly entered but gave up when reconciliation was still way off because some were actually correct and it got too confusing. So, I added a few adjustment transactions and I am almost back in decent shape but can't stand the sight of "adjustments" or even being off one penny.

I was told that the file itself depends on what machine its on and moving it from one computer to another can cause issues like this. Is this the case?
    @cwclifford,

I see; I really do appreciate the extra information, and thanks again for following up with me about this. Regarding your question: it is true that converting or moving data files can occasionally result in some of these frustrations, but typically that is only because the data file itself is being opened from whatever place it was kept in order to transfer it to the new device, such as flash drives or cloud storage of some kind.

How often do you save backups, if I might ask? Saving a backup would be performed by going to File > Save a Backup and can be a first-line defense against issues such as these. In this case, it would provide us with the option of restoring from a backup. In order to restore from a backup, you would go to File > Restore a Backup, and then search for the appropriate data file. I would recommend trying to find a file dated to just before the time in which you remember noticing these problems arising.

I look forward to hearing your reply, and I can provide additional advice if necessary.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.