Allegacy FCU Credit Card download

Options
Carl A
Carl A Member
I have been noticing for sometime that the interest charges and payment insurance charges for my Visa Credit Card have not been downloading. All the other purchases, payments, etc download ok, just not the interest charges . So, this is a bit of headache and I have to put in the charges manually in order to reconcile. I think the credit card business for Allegacy is run by a third party.

There are two monthly interest charge lines, 1 for Charges and the other for Cash Withdrawals.

Any thoughts. Thanks!

macOS Catalina 10.15.2
Quicken 6.5.1 (December)

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Carl A said:
    I have been noticing for sometime that the interest charges and payment insurance charges for my Visa Credit Card have not been downloading. All the other purchases, payments, etc download ok, just not the interest charges . So, this is a bit of headache and I have to put in the charges manually in order to reconcile. I think the credit card business for Allegacy is run by a third party.

There are two monthly interest charge lines, 1 for Charges and the other for Cash Withdrawals.

Any thoughts. Thanks!

macOS Catalina 10.15.2
    Quicken 6.5.1 (December)
    Hello @Carl A,              

I am sorry for any confusion you may have experienced with regards to the credit card downloads from your online banking services. Your efforts in bringing this matter to the attention of the Quicken community are well appreciated. 

There is nowhere in Quicken Mac specifically designated for the interest or insurance charges associated with a credit card account, however, there are a couple of methods for tracking this information. Some users add the interest rate to the name of the credit card account, for example: "Credit Card Allegacy FCU - 12.25%."

Other users keep the interest charges associated with an account listed in the account notes, which would be found in Settings > Details at the 'gear' icon in the lower right-hand corner of the Quicken window. 

You can always create an 'Idea Post' here on the Quicken Community in order to recommend a feature that you might find useful and it will be recommended for the other users to discuss and vote on for future consideration by the development team. 

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2022
    Options
    @Carl A Quicken can only download whats the credit card company provides to download. If they don't show an interest charge as a regular transaction and download it, Quicken just doesn't know it exists.

When you log into the credit card website and view a list of your transactions, or look at a monthly statement, is the interest charge listed among them? Or are these charges off to the side in some other area of your statement?

I think the bottom line is that you'll need to talk to the credit card company to ask why the interest charges are not downloading with the rest of your transactions.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.