Incorrect Net Worth report

Options
jwsjlawson
jwsjlawson Member
edited February 2022 in Reports (Windows)
I changed two account types, and when I run the Net Worth report they still show up under the old account type the two accounts were originally assigned. They show under the correct account type in the account list on the left side of the screen, but not when I run the report. I have tried synching, restarting, updating, rebooting my computer and still the same problem. Any ideas?

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If this is the Net Worth Summary report accessed from the Home page Net Worth by Assets and Liabilities panel, try removing that panel and adding it back.

Do you see this same issue when you run the built in Net Worth report from Reports > Net Worth & Balances > Net Worth?

If still a problem, what changes did you make to the account types?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • SarahL
    SarahL Member ✭✭
    Options
    It happens when I run the report from Reports > Net Worth & Balances > Net Worth.
    The changes I made were: 1) changed one account intent from savings to retirement, and 2) changed another account intent from credit card to liability. They show up in the correct intent group in the panel on the left after the change but when I run the report they show up in their original intent assigned.
  • Jim_Harman
    Options
    It appears the Net Worth report does not use account intents, it is presenting account types.

I don't know of a report that will subtotal by account intent. You can export the Net Worth report to Excel and rearrange the accounts there if you want.

• SarahL
    SarahL Member ✭✭
    Options
    Do you know where to change account type? All I see is account intent under account details. Exporting to Excel is exactly what I did on Saturday. I completed my report that day, but this still bugs me.
  • Jim_Harman
    Options
    The account type is set up when you create the account and determines for example what type of register the account has and what transactions are allowed. 

Other than some changes among IRA types, you are cannot change the account type.

The Investing > Portfolio views can show all the accounts that have the intent set to Investing or Retirement, but they do not include banking, asset, or liability accounts.
This discussion has been closed.