Quicken Canadian payments [Edited]

Kirkey 78
Kirkey 78 Member
edited February 2022 in Before you Buy
Very frustrated here, trying to pay for new yearly quicken subscription, can't pay because the payment site is asking for a payment code. Before anyone asks, yes I am on the Canadian website, and yes, I have tried both postal code formats.
I have reviewed the forums and found 3 seperate discussions in the past year that this is an issue. Was on hold with customer support for 45 mintues before I hung up.
It is very concerning that a program that is supposed to be top-tier can't even handle proper payment info -doesn't give me a lot of confidence about the program itself......
Tagged:

Comments

• Hello @Kirkey 78,

Thank you for coming to the Community for assistance with this issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this. 

You mentioned that you are trying to pay for a NEW yearly subscription. I am curious if you are using a different email than the one you are using here in the Community.

If so, have you created a Quicken ID for the new email address yet? If not, please do this and then try your purchase again. 

Thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

• Kirkey 78
    Kirkey 78 Member
    My old subscription expired. I've had the profile for years. Now I try to renew into a new yearly subscription and it puts me to a screen that asks for a zip code - mulitple discussions over the last year in this forum for this. I'm in Canada we don't have zip codes. Payment info won't process
    and yes, same profile as I signed in here
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Kirkey 78,

Thank you for your response, although I apologize for the nuisance. For this instance, I would recommend contacting Quicken Support to assist you. 

If you do not want to wait for as long for an agent, chat support is also available with lower wait times. Again, pardon the frustration but we do appreciate your patience greatly! 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • kwold1
    kwold1 Member ✭✭
    edited January 2022
    I have experienced exactly the same thing, I'm Canadian, used Quicken for years and now I can't purchase because of the Zip Code window. When I ask for Quicken for Canada would I not expect to get a Canadian version of payment? I know the cost is in U.S. dollars. [Removed-Speculative]. Makes me wonder too if Quicken is in U.S. too as last year my Quicken had a problem recognizing and dealing with Goods and Services Tax (GST)
  • Hello all,

Thank you for coming to the Community to report these issues you are experiencing, and I again apologize that you are having trouble with your purchases.

I can assure you that Quicken does value its Canadian customers. Thanks to your reports and the reports of other users experiencing this issue, we were able to identify the issue on our end. 

We do now have an Open Alert regarding this issue. Please use the link provided, it will take you to the Alert. 

We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you all. 

Thank you.

Quicken Alyssa

• Kirkey 78
    Kirkey 78 Member
    edited February 2022
    Nope, that link shows it resolved as of Jan 25th, and it is not resolved. I still cannot purchase without a zip code. Please explain why I would purhcase a $65/year annual product to manage my investment info when you can't even program the payment screen properly? [Removed - Disruptive]
  • Whathelp
    Whathelp Member
    Still using Q2012 and looking at updating. After looking at the issue of simply trying to make a purchase, noticing how long this zip code thing has been a problem, and the lack of a fix makes me wonder if I should:

So, the zip code issue still not fixed. The other problem on the Canadian site is that there are 2 blue link buttons on the same page for comparing the available versions. One of the blue "compare plans" buttons (top of page) takes you to the US site and the other blue "compare plans" button (bottom of page) takes you the Canadian site. Beware, you may be purchasing the wrong version.
This discussion has been closed.