Errors with Merrill Lynch (MAC)

System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: OL-293-A Error with Merrill Lynch.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓
    Hello All, 

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have opened an escalation ticket with our service provider for this issue. While the investigation remains ongoing, please, refer to this open Community Alert for updates.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• jrhoyer
    jrhoyer Member ✭✭✭
    Yep... "Quicken cannot connect to this account" error on all ML accounts.
    (Quicken Mac Premier 6.5.1)
  • jefflock
    jefflock Member ✭✭✭
    I am having the same problem.
  • kleeberg
    kleeberg Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problem on the Mac version of Quicken. I do not get that error that you others have mentioned. I an "HTTP-404 Error from Merrill Lynch Investments". That sounds to me like a page not found.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    jrhoyer said:
    Yep... "Quicken cannot connect to this account" error on all ML accounts.
    (Quicken Mac Premier 6.5.1)
    Hello @jrhoyer

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this error, and I know that connection issues like these can be frustrating. Thank you, nonetheless, for contacting us on the Quicken Community about this.

Are you still seeing transactions downloading to your accounts? Also, what kind of Connection Type are you using? You can check this by going to Settings > Downloads via the 'gear' icon in the lower right-hand corner of the Quicken window after selecting an account.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 

• betababe
    betababe Member ✭✭
    Since I have been downloading successfully with all of my present account info and everyone else is experiencing this same issue, Q Jared, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say ML is the culprit this time! Perhaps issues handling End of Year transactions? Please share when this is fixed!
  • simont
    simont Member ✭✭
    Jan 11 10:38 CST - Unable to connect to Merrill. Tried 5 times. Same message each time.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓
    Hello All, 

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have opened an escalation ticket with our service provider for this issue. While the investigation remains ongoing, please, refer to this open Community Alert for updates.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• betababe
    betababe Member ✭✭
    Tried to "navigate to Help > Report a problem to submit your log files" and couldn't Intuit how to do so! Could you make that request a hotlink to make it easy for us, please? Would likely improve response... ;o]
  • williamhouk3
    williamhouk3 Member ✭✭✭
    Same issue on Quicken MAC Premier Version 6.5.1 (Build 605.42638.100)...
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @betababe With Quicken running, pull down the Help menu and select Report a Problem. The log files are automatically pre-checked on the right side of the screenshot. Type a clear description of the problem; you can attache additional screenshots if useful in explaining the problem. But note that you will not get a response to a Report a Problem submission. If you want interactive help with he problem, you may also want to call Quicken Support.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • betababe
    betababe Member ✭✭
    Actually, I discovered that accidentally when I re-ran OSU (issue still remains, of course) and sent all but the SS since that showed far too much proprietary data. I was looking to send via the web--so much easier internally, isn't it? Thanks so much for your help!
  • sellet
    sellet Member
    Same issue for me. Failing on all ML accounts. Using Quicken 6.5.1, Build 605.42638.100
  • Quicken Jared
    sellet said:
    Same issue for me. Failing on all ML accounts. Using Quicken 6.5.1, Build 605.42638.100
    @sellet,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue, as well. Were you able to look into the Community Alert posted by @Quicken Anja earlier? I would recommend following the updates there for all information related to this issue, as it is an emerging problem that is being investigated.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • aalgra
    aalgra Member ✭✭
    Same issue here...AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR (ACCOUNT_MISMATCH:FDP-106)
  • @aalgra,

Here is an FAQ with steps on how to resolve the 106 error. However, please keep in mind that we do currently have an open alert for this financial institution.

Thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

• I'm seeing the same thing. Failing on my Merrill Lynch accounts. Version 6.5.1 (Build 605.42638.100). Error message: Download Error (500) HTTP-500 Error from Merrill Lynch Investments
  • Thomas Goodhart
    Thomas Goodhart Member ✭✭✭
    I cannot download anything from from Merrill Lynch Investments.
    Error occurring:

500 Internal Server Error - Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or
    misconfiguration and was unable to complete
    your request.

If i try to setup a download for Merrill Lynch Investments, I get this error:
    "Error connecting to Merrill Lynch Investments (FID: 5550):
    A server with the specified hostname could not be found.”

Seems like not able to connect to ML server https://eftx.bankofamerica.com/eftxweb/access.ofx
  • FrostyDog
    FrostyDog Member ✭✭
    Same issue Jan 12, 2022 9:50 eastern time. Please fix
  • Elissa77
    Elissa77 Member ✭✭
    I also cannot connect to my Merrill Lynch investment accounts and receive the HTTP-500 download error message. Please help.
  • grotman
    grotman Member
    January 12 and still cannot connect my quicken Mac version 6.5 to my Merrill lynch accounts
  • millerke6771
    millerke6771 Member ✭✭
    I am ditto on this error as many of the above. Quicken Deluxe for Mac, V6.5.1 (Build 605.42638.100) & Mac OS 12.1, Getting Download Error (500), HTTP-500 Error from Merrill Lynch Investments. Quicken cannot connect to this account. My connection type is Direct Connect. On the Account Status screen I'm getting the same error for all four of my Merrill Lynch accounts. I've tried "Retry" many times but error keeps returning.
  • Quicken Jared
    I am ditto on this error as many of the above. Quicken Deluxe for Mac, V6.5.1 (Build 605.42638.100) & Mac OS 12.1, Getting Download Error (500), HTTP-500 Error from Merrill Lynch Investments. Quicken cannot connect to this account. My connection type is Direct Connect. On the Account Status screen I'm getting the same error for all four of my Merrill Lynch accounts. I've tried "Retry" many times but error keeps returning.
    Hello @millerke6771,

I am sorry that you are also experiencing this download error. Thank you for reaching out to us about this. There is currently an emerging issue with Merrill Lynch accounts that you can read more about in the thread linked here:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7905968/new-1-11-22-merrill-lynch-ol-293-ol295-ol-297-others#latest

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • millerke6771
    millerke6771 Member ✭✭
    At 9AM EST, I opened Quicken and pressed the update button and all of my Merrill Lynch Investment accounts updated without the Download Error (500). Apparently ML or Q must have done something that eliminated my recurring (past few days) error message from appearing. All I did was my daily review/update of my accounts and have no errors today. Thanks to whomever made the fix.
  • AndyFra
    AndyFra Member
    I'm moving from Quicken Windows to Quicken Mac and trying to connect my Merrill Edge account. Failing like many updates described above, but this is a new connection, not an update. Getting "AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR (ACCOUNT_MISMATCH:FDP-106)". So maybe if it's fixed for Merrill Edge updates on Quicken Mac, maybe Quicken Mac still broken on setting up new connection to Merrill Edge.

FWIW, over on Quicken Windows, it's still pulling updates just fine from same Merrill Edge account. Quicken Windows never had update issues with Merrill while my Quicken Mac was failing to set up a new download connection to Merrill. I'm starting to wonder if Quicken Mac is reliable enough, compared to Quicken Windows (not that Quicken Windows is super reliable ;-).
  • katlester
    katlester Member
    I am receiving a message that 'detailed' tracking for Merrill is not available; however, it has always been available in the past. I have re-established my download connection multiple times and still receive the same message
  • Quicken Jared
    At 9AM EST, I opened Quicken and pressed the update button and all of my Merrill Lynch Investment accounts updated without the Download Error (500). Apparently ML or Q must have done something that eliminated my recurring (past few days) error message from appearing. All I did was my daily review/update of my accounts and have no errors today. Thanks to whomever made the fix.
    @millerke6771,

I am very pleased to hear that this issue with the download errors seems to have been resolved, in your case. Thank you for taking the time to update us on this development as well; doing so certainly provides me with much-needed information.

Feel free to reach out to the Quicken Community at any time in the near future with any further questions or concerns.

@katlester,

I am sorry to hear that you are being affected by this issue. Thank you for seeking out this discussion on the Quicken Community and seeking further support and discussion. Are you receiving any error messages when trying to update your accounts?

Also, do you know what Connection Type you are using when trying to add or link accounts to Merrill Lynch's online banking services? This can be checked by selecting one of the accounts in the left-hand panel of the Quicken window and then going to Accounts > Settings > Downloads in the menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open. 

I look forward to your reply, and any correspondence you may be able to provide about this matter.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • katlester
    katlester Member
    Jared, it is set to 'Quick Connect'. I set it up to use 'detailed' but it changes to 'simple' after I reconnect. It was downloading actual transactions through mid January but will no longer do so
  • Quicken Jared
    katlester said:
    Jared, it is set to 'Quick Connect'. I set it up to use 'detailed' but it changes to 'simple' after I reconnect. It was downloading actual transactions through mid January but will no longer do so
    @katlester,

I see. Thank you for providing that answer for me, and for continuing to work with me on this. I am sorry that this issue has been so persistent. 

I do have one other question for you: what instance are you using to connect your Merrill Lynch account(s)? I should also seek to confirm whether or not these are investment or banking accounts, now that I am thinking about it.

I look forward to any future correspondence you may be able to provide, and hope to continue working with you on this via this thread.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • katlester
    katlester Member
    Jared, they are all investment accounts and I use the 'update all accounts' connection to download all transactions, including buys, sells, fees, and dividends. I have disconnected and reconnected the Merrill accounts with no luck
  • Quicken Jared
    katlester said:
    Jared, they are all investment accounts and I use the 'update all accounts' connection to download all transactions, including buys, sells, fees, and dividends. I have disconnected and reconnected the Merrill accounts with no luck
    @katlester,

Again, thank you for getting back to me with further information, and for clarifying what is happening. I appreciate your patience and your efforts in maintaining contact.

Unfortunately, the type of tracking that is available for an account or an investment has to be provided by the banking institution, itself. I recommend reaching out to Merrill Lynch's support line for additional details and recommendations concerning whether or not detailed tracking is being offered, and what the instance necessary for the detailed tracking feature might be, if it is available. I do recommend requesting to speak to a Tier 2 agent or an escalations team, as these agents may be more familiar with third-party software like Quicken. 

I hope this is helpful, and feel free to reach out to the Quicken Community with any further questions or concerns. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.