Auto Match picking wrong transaction and then choose manual match and get no valid choices

So I was missing some transactions so I had to manually import from QFX Web Connect file.

I knew there would be some duplicates that would show up and show a match in the "Downloaded Transactions".

As I was going through the list of matches I see some were matched to the wrong entry (different date) even though the exact match did exist for that date.

So I tried to do the Match Manual and it never gives me any transactions to pick from... well it always gives one, but not even close (wrong date, wrong amount, wrong everything)

So WHY am I not getting a list of transactions to manually connect?

I can also click the UNMATCH and then it tries to MATCH to the next closest which may be wrong and I just keep clicking UNMATCH until I either hit the correct one or there really isn't a match and it is a transaction that I expected to be new.

Any feedback would be greatly apprecieated.

Greg

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @gsaunders,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this and for not having received a response yet.

To start with, I suggest that you try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.