Spending by Account

Options
pmarker
pmarker Member ✭✭
edited February 2022 in Reports (Windows)
Is there a report that will show spending by Account in a Bar Graph view. For example I would like to show my monthly spending by credit card where each bar is a separate credit card or Account. I see can reports by categories and payees but not by Accounts.

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There is no report that will do that directly, but you can configure the confusingly named Banking > Cash flow by Tag report to show the data then export it to Excel and generate the graph there. 

Presumably you want to show the spending from the credit card accounts but not the transfers that pay the credit card bill.

Set the date range you want.
    Customize the report so the rows are accounts and the columns are months. 
    Include just the credit card accounts.
    Include all Categories except the one which is the account you use to pay the bills.

Export to Excel and produce the graph there. 
    QWin Premier subscription
  • pmarker
    pmarker Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks I have done that to Excel but wanted something where I could just click on a saved report and get a quick look at spending by month. I would love to see Quicken come out with a Report Wizard to allow us to create our own reports vs customizing existing reports.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    OK, glad to hear you have a solution.

If you want a Report Wizard, you should review and vote for this Idea.
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7660947/reporting-system-replacement-5-merged-votes#latest
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.