Errors with Merrill Lynch (WINDOWS) [Edited]

Dave Haught
Dave Haught Member ✭✭✭
Good morning. Just received OL-293-A error when attempting one-step update with Merrill Lynch. Anyone else having the same problem? It just started today, 1/11/22.

Quicken Premier for Windows (Subscription)
Version: R37.66
Windows 11

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All, 

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have opened an escalation ticket with our service provider for this issue. While the investigation remains ongoing, please, refer to this open Community Alert for updates.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• ghstudio
    ghstudio Member ✭✭✭
    I am unable to update from my Merrill Lynch account although it's been working for months. The message is that Quicken has received unexpected information. I have tried from two different systems....and I've validated my quicken files. Version R37.66 Build 27.1.37.66
  • jamessite
    jamessite Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problem with ML since this morning.
  • Yes, same here. Merrill Lynch direct connect download worked okay yesterday (01/10/2022 at 10:13am). Stopped working today 01/11/2022 at 07:48am.

Windows 10
  • Yes, same here. Merrill Lynch direct connect download worked okay yesterday (01/10/2022 at 10:13am. Stopped working today 01/11/2022.

Windows 10
  • linux95
    linux95 Member
    Merrill Lynch direct connect download worked okay yesterday (01/10/2022 at 8:20am). Stopped working today 01/11/2022 at 05:56am.

Quicken Deluxe for Windows (Subscription)
    Build: 27.1.37.66
    Windows 10 Enterprise
  • jtemplin
    jtemplin Member ✭✭✭✭
    Same here (OL-293-A). Noticed it last night (1/10/22) when I tried a one-step update. Not working this morning. I logged in to the website, but didn't see any unusual pop-ups or pages that are outside of the normal welcome page. I hope Merrill didn't pull the plug on Direct Connect.
  • Daniel Noel
    Daniel Noel Member ✭✭
    Having the same trouble like other post, error (OL-293-A) on all accounts. States 'unexpected information was received from your financial institution'.
  • will66pu
    will66pu Member ✭✭
    download not working, error 293-A
  • Quicken Anja
    edited January 2022
    Hello All, 

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and report this error, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Our teams are investigating this issue and looking to collect more information. To contribute to this investigation, we ask that you please navigate to Help > Report a Problem and submit your log files.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

• Dan
    Dan Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    I am also having an issue connecting to Merrill, but am getting OL-295-A

(Appears to be fixed now)
  • Michael Sloss
    Michael Sloss Member ✭✭✭
    I just started getting this error today, too.
  • Jeremy Kruse
    Jeremy Kruse Member ✭✭
    Does the team have an ETA on when this will be fixed?
  • will66pu
    will66pu Member ✭✭
    attempted Merrill update which returns error 293_A. I logged directly into my Merrill account and noticed that a number of newly designed webpages on the site went live overnight.
  • jrhoyer
    jrhoyer Member ✭✭✭
    Seems to be working again!
  • Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Hello All, 

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have opened an escalation ticket with our service provider for this issue. While the investigation remains ongoing, please, refer to this open Community Alert for updates.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• ajb328
    ajb328 Member ✭✭
    Same issue here OL 293 with ML. all other brokerage accounts and bank accounts working (although i reverted to previous quicken R37.66 version due to other update issues which occurred over weekend).
    all win 10 settings correct. is this quicken or ML issue?
  • Jeremy Kruse
    Jeremy Kruse Member ✭✭
    It's working now. Thank You
  • Dave Haught
    Dave Haught Member ✭✭✭
    Still not working, as of 3:00 PM EST.
  • hschenkel
    hschenkel Member ✭✭
    Still not working as of 5:30 PM ET. Could we get an update, please. What is causing the problem? Is it on the Merrill end or Quicken?
  • jtemplin
    jtemplin Member ✭✭✭✭
    Still getting failures, but this last time I tried (7:00pm ET), the error has changed to OL-297-A.
  • mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Still receiving OL-293 as of 7:30PM ET 
  • Hello all,

We are aware that this issue is still ongoing and we apologize for the inconvenience. Please refer to Quicken Anja's comments above with the alert linked in them.

Anyone experiencing the issue can go to Help>Report a problem from within their software to send log files over to Quicken. This will help us to get this issue resolved for you all.

Thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

• Jeanne
    Jeanne Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Count me as another receiving  ol-293-a  (for a couple of days) when attempting to update merrill accounts. I've sent in the logs and bookmarked the community alert.

• James T
    James T Member
    11/11 and 11/12 have been unable to update Merrill Lynch accounts. "Unexpected information" and OL-293-A error. Have not had such error over the years I have had Quicken.
  • Dave Haught
    Dave Haught Member ✭✭✭
    The OL-293-A error persists as of 6:30 AM this morning. Like Jeanne, log files sent and community alert bookmarked.
  • ajb328
    ajb328 Member ✭✭
    Merrill OL 293 as of 728 Jan 12
  • Still not working this morning 1/12/22. Same error code OL293.
  • TangoWiskey
    TangoWiskey Member ✭✭
    Still not fixed 1/12/22
  • ddenucci
    ddenucci Member ✭✭✭
    Still unable to download transaction using direct connect. Nonfunctional since Jan 10.
  • JwBusy
    JwBusy Member ✭✭
    Found this page, due to my recent errors with downloading transactions.
This discussion has been closed.