Problem Adding Fidelity NetBenefits Account to Quicken

Options
DSalter
DSalter Member
Windows 10 Quicken Version
Version R37.66
Build 27.1.37.66

For the past several weeks I’ve been attempting to add my Fidelity NetBenefits account to my Quicken software.

All have been unsuccessful, and I’ve now grown very frustrated as adding other investment accounts was an easy process. Perhaps someone can help?

The steps I’m taking:

select add account option

select Fidelity NetBenefits at the “Search for Your Financial Institution” page

hit “next”

select “Simple Investing” option on the Add Investing Account page

hit “next”

enter my Fidelity NetBenefits Username and Password

hit connect

The screen then shows “Looking for your Accounts at Fidelity NetBenefits” for a few seconds and then the Quicken home screen appears without the accounts being added.

Thank you!

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @DSalter,

Sorry to hear you are having these problems.

From the behavior that you are seeing, I think that the problem is that your particular Plan does not permit downloads into Quicken.  While the financial institution (Fidelity) allows/supports downloads generally, with benefit plans the employer/sponsor of the plan has the option of allowing or not allowing such downloads.  BTW - the way that Quicken acts when you try to add the account (i.e. basically shuts down with no message or error code) is unhelpful, but other users have reported this in the past.

I suggest that you contact your personnel benefits folks and ask them if your plan permits downloads into Quicken.  I believe that you will find out that they do not.

Let ,me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• DSalter
    DSalter Member
    Options
    Frankx:

Thank you for taking the time to address my question!

I'll contact my HR Group tomorrow and seek an answer re: the ability to download.

Warmest regards.

David
This discussion has been closed.