Check Payees have disappeared

stevefitz
stevefitz Member
After a recent upgrade on January 9, 2022 for Quicken Windows subscription, in Bills & Income, under Bills i can no longer select Check Pay as an option and can't see my check pay payees. i can add one, but i cannot see it after it's added. Help!

Best Answer

• stevefitz
    stevefitz Member
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓
    I solved the problem. The check pay bills option is no longer under "CheckPay bills" rather they are now under the option called "Payable Items".
    That would have been good to know that it changed. It would have saved me a lot of time.

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @stevefitz

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this issue. To clarify, your Check Pay payees may be viewed in the Memorized Payee list as well. Also, do you have a recent backup that you could restore from? 

Please attempt restoring a recent backup and let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Paloma
  • stevefitz
    stevefitz Member
    I restored and the backup which was fine before the upgrade has the same problem. Under Bills & Income where I select All Bills, Payable Items, Online Bills, Manual bills used to have another option called Check Pay. That option is missing. When I go into the memorized list of payees it shows all of the payees I previously paid, but that doesn't help me. I can't pay them through Check Pay. I added a new payee but again i can't get to the Check Pay option. The lack of the option is the problem.
  • stevefitz
    stevefitz Member
    Hi, can i get a response to my last post? I'm still having this problem.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you checked that your checking account  is still enabled for Check Pay?
    Click the gear icon in the Bills & Income view and select Review and Repair / Review and Repair Payment Accounts.
    If that doesn't solve the problem, please contact  Quicken Support on the phone during posted hours of operation

Note: Your browser must allow popups from https://www.quicken.com for chat/phone support selections to function. See https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7870684/faq-talk-to-support-does-not-respond#latest

• stevefitz
    stevefitz Member
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓
    I solved the problem. The check pay bills option is no longer under "CheckPay bills" rather they are now under the option called "Payable Items".
    That would have been good to know that it changed. It would have saved me a lot of time.
  • I had the same problem, thank you stevefitz for your tip, you solved it for me..!
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @stevefitz

Thank you for your response and helpful insight. I will make sure to refer users with this issue to the solution you have found. If you come across any other errors or have questions/concerns please let us know!

-Quicken Paloma
This discussion has been closed.